Welcome all you Disney Addicts

Options

Replies

• tkhutchins1
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tracy and I am so looking forward to this. We all need just a tad of motivation and I think this will help us in our accountability. I love all things Disney - try to go at least twice a year. Maybe if we all can post recipes/foods that are working for us, we won't get bored eating the same things. Here's to losing in 2014!!
  • Merida76
    Options
    I add hot sauce to my eggs. maybe that might help.
  • auntiecr63
    Options
    Hi, I am Cindy (username auntiecr63...please add me to your friend list), and am looking forward to getting support for losing weight. I want to be 50-fit-fabulous, instead of 50-fat-fatigued, which is my present state of being!! I make terrible food choices and now my cholesterol is high and I've put on too much weight over the past years. The doctor told me today that he wants me to lose 10lbs by next month's visit, so I am giving it my best shot. My big goals are to change my eating habits and lose 50lbs.

My sister and I walked this past summer and I dropped 20lbs. As soon as school started (I am a teacher) I gained 19 of it back in 3 months. Very unhealthy! Of course I am a Disney addict. I have lost count of how many times I've been to WDW, but have only been to DL 2 times. In 1 1/2 years, my husband and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary by spending two weeks traveling. One stop is Disneyland so I want to be fit in order to endure the walking. In the past 3 years we have visited WDW 2 times and we had to go back to the resort to rest and return later. :(

Please add me as your friend.

Thanks!
  • mommafit38
    Options
    You will love it. I did several Disney races and did the marathon there last year and it was amazing because they do such a good job. I have a half marathon there in feb and then the 10 miler TOT as well before the Dopey next year

I am doing Dopey next week! I will let you know how it goes-- assuming I don't get swept!
  • mmcnicol4
    mmcnicol4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Melissa and I'm a Disney Addict! I live in the Jacksonville, Florida area and go to Disney 1-2 times a month. I started my MFP in August. In November I had lost 9 pounds, but during the holidays I stopped logging and stopped exercising and gained another 5 back :( I do like MFP because I've realized it's about making healthy lifestyle choices and not dieting.
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so excited to find this group! I am a Disney Addict!! Last trip was September 2013 and the next trip is scheduled for September 2014! Every trip is going to be "the one" where I lose a lot of weight and LOVE every PhotoPass picture I take. Sadly, I have never met my goal :( Motivation is what I lack so all pep talks are welcome! Happy to accept any FR's.
  • rguzzi
    rguzzi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all! This is Rebekah Guzzi from the DA facebook group! I'm excited to join you all. I've done Weight Watchers for years but haven't used MyFitnessPal in a while. But, now that we have a group, I'm happy to get back into this! Can't think of a better group of people to join on the journey to better health!

My id is "rguzzi" - please feel free to add me to your list!
  • scoutmom3
    scoutmom3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tracy and I live in metro Atlanta. I lost about 40 lbs 3 years ago and have gained most of it back. I need to lose that plus about 50 more. I have 3 kids. My oldest just graduated from high school. I have lost count how many times I have been to WDW. The last time was this past June with my extended family (there were 14 of us). I would love to do a RunDisney 5k in the future. My id is scoutmom3. please add me as a friend if you would like.
  • thinktink272
    Options
    Hi! I am Sandi (thinktink272). I live in Newport News, Va and joined this to have some support other than family. I love Disney, especially Tinker Bell. I am 45 and am starting the journey to lose about 25 lbs. My first goal is to go from an obese BMI to overweight.
  • kymickey4
    kymickey4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Michele and im from ky. I'm lookng to loose some weight and get back to what I was. Feel free to add me as a friend. I cant wait to start my journey with all of you
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Let me try this again. My computer is acting goofy (no pun intended) on me!

I've been on MFP for awhile, but over the past year have not really used it or tracked. I was let go from my company back in February and am currently still unemployed. You'd think that by sitting at home, I'd be pigging out, but I'm the opposite, I just don't want to eat. So that's how I've lost some of the weight that is posted on my page. But I really need to get back into following a healthier diet.

So glad this group has been established. Need all the support and encouragement I can get.

My next trip is in May....9th-18th. So am hoping to drop a few more pounds before then.

Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend. Can't say that I'll be on here everyday, but knowing that there are fellow DAs now, might change my mind.
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this group exists from the DA site. Great idea.
  • Marlynx2
    Marlynx2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found out about this group from the DA facebook page. Glad I found you guys here. I am determines to get fit before my August WDW trip. The Florida heat will be better tolerated with a few less pounds!!
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am Disney Addict, an Annual Pass Holder and I live in Central FL ( about 45 min away from Tampa and Orlando) My husband and I go to Disney almost every weekend. We do not have children yet ( I am 24 and want to be a bit older) so I guess we are serious Disney Nerds. I don't know if anyone has Seen the Jim Gaffigan bit on Disney addicts, if you have, we are the crazy ones he is talking about. lol. I just started out on MFP, and I am looking for friends, so add me if you want!
  • caebv
    caebv Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a DA from Canada and have struggled with weight a lot. I was successful last year and lost around 60 pounds but have since gained it back and lost motivation.

This time around I'm trying not to focus so much on the pounds but how I look and feel about myself so I put in a guess for my weight (around what it was before) just to make sure I still follow what I want to eat and how much I want to exercise.

I think this is a great way to get motivated! I am creating a work-out playlist tonight, and beginning getting back into the swing tomorrow morning :)
  • spritna
    Options
    Hello all! I am a 39 year Ohioan who started on my journey about two years ago. I have lost a total of 75#, but got lazy within the last 9 months and have gained 10 of it back. I refuse to go back to that unhappy person, so I have been trying to be diligent with using MFP again. And of course walking, which I had stopped doing. Feel free to friend me. The more support the better!
  • deeneighbors
    deeneighbors Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Denise and I'm from West Virginia. I used MFP briefly a few years ago and just found out about this group on the DA Facebook page. I've been able to lose as much as 30 pounds over the past year doing Weight Watchers but the past 6 months have been a struggle...down a couple pounds then up a couple. At this point, I have successfully lost and kept off 23 pounds. Yeah!!! We are planning our next Disney trip in November 2014 and I want to lose 30-35 more by then. I have also been walking 3-4 times a week and have made it to week 5 of a Couch to 5k app, but I'm not sure running is for me. My DH started running about a year ago and he is extremely supportive and encourages me to keep running. I'll keep you posted on the running ;-). Wishing all of us good luck on our journey to health!
  • AutumnFrostfall
    AutumnFrostfall Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Disney Addicts! More importantly, fellow Disney Addicts who are working on losing weight & getting healthier. <3

We just got back from our very first Walt Disney World trip in December. What better time for a first visit than Mickey's very Merry Christmas Party, right?

I started out on my journey to better health in 2006, my highest weight was 310 with a 50 inch waist. This has taken me a lot longer than I expected because it turns out I have PCOS which means no pasta, potatoes, rice or bread because of an insulin resistance. Guess what was the mainstays of my diet before we figured that out? Now we've discovered I have a gluten sensitivity as well so yeah really - no bread. I'm trying to adjust to this new information, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Right now I'm 30 pounds away from my goal of 125, & I've lost 155. Our next Disney Trip for sure is in Dec of 2015, though if I can sneak one in this year I'm certainly going to try! Because DISNEY!

My husband & I are in the planning stages for doing RunDisney. We have our eyes on the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in Disneyland, the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Walt Disney World & the Walt Disney World Marathon. We have the 5K down, it's time to start training endurance for the 10K & half marathon as well as getting our time shaved down. We have to maintain a 16 minute mile. After we get the half marathons done, it's time to start training for the full marathons. I've set this as my I'm fit now goal. Proof to myself I made it to healthy after getting winded tying my shoes at 310. (Who am I kidding? I want to wear the cool Disney themed running clothes & earn beautiful medals.)

*waves to everyone* Nice to meet you all!

Frost / Scottie
  • jshannon2005
    Options
    So excited to see this group....My name is Jenny and I'm married to Shawn and we have 3 daughters. We are currently stationed in Germany. I started my journey of losing weight January 6th and hoping that 2014 is my year to get in shape and healthy....we have a 11 night trip planned to stay at SoG June this summer and we can't wait!!
  • maggie9700
    Options
    Hi, Im in North FL also. Love going to DW But lately, when we go, I find myself getting tired and sore!! I want to lose weight,, but, I want to be able to take my grandkids to DW without getting too tired to enjoy it! My husband and I have started the Zombie Run,5K training,, an app on our phones. And,,, we signed up for the Happy Haunted 5k it will be our first! Hope I will be ready by then, Oct. So, goal: lose weight, build endurance, be able to do all day and night at Disney with energy to spare!