Yellow Purple Tie-Dye Week 16!

Pfil
Pfil Posts: 73 Member
Congratulations to ljdanny and katonaroof for both losing 1.25% and 1.24% of their weight this week! You guys came in second and third for overall weekly weight loss. I'm really proud of both of you for pushing through the emotional struggles you're both facing and taking time to take care of yourselves and continue your fitness journey. <3

I don't know what the challenge is this week yet but I'm looking forward to the finale next week! I'm rooting for Rachel.

Replies

• katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 177 Member
    so, 26 miles and then some.... it's gonna be rough, i think, to get it in yet i'll do my best. today is already over, so that gives me 5 days, if i include monday, to do it. so, that's just over 5 miles a day.... huh, doesn't seem too bad if i get myself to the treadmill yet i doubt i'm gonna do it at any descent pace because, so far, the most i've done at a time is 3 miles so that'll be stretching my distance somewhat. and i don't have time to take classes right now or go to the gym more than once a day so i'll just do it in those increments. and i think i'll try to record it daily so that i can keep track more easily.

i also hope rachel wins, altho i really like david because of his story. & i like bobby... so i guess i'll be happy no matter who wins.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    I'm cheering for David, not a fan of Rachel or Bobby.
    Good luck to everyone this week!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,118 Member
    wow can't believe i actually did good last week, i just wanted to check in real fast, this week i am a no go. i have not seen the show, i have not exercised ( well i snuck in a 15 minute walk today) and there is no scale here so i'm not going to be able to weigh in. my mom went down hill really fast and instead of traveling back and forth i have now been staying at her house since thursday. it is only a matter of days now. sorry that i can not help the team this week because i would have loved this challenge, i will be missing my zumba class tomorrow and thats my favorite class of all time. hope you all have a great week and i will see what i can do for next week but i can not make any promises there either. Sorry.
  • Pfil
    Pfil Posts: 73 Member
    ljdanny, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is declining so rapidly. Don't worry about us, take care of yourself. :)

Everyone else - if you could add your weight to the spreadsheet, post it here or PM me by showtime tomorrow, that would be awesome. Also, how well did you do at the "marathon" challenge?
    LIGHT ACTIVITY
    (less than 3.5 kcals used per minute)

Gardening, bowling, snowmobiling, painting, car washing, fishing, window cleaning, golf (without cart), slow treading in pool, dusting or vacuuming

20 min. of Activity = 1 mile

MODERATE ACTIVITY
    (3-7 kcal used per minute)

Softball, weightlifting, shoveling snow, dancing, barn cleaning, racquetball, tennis, volleyball, skiing easy, handball, yoga, ice skating recreational swimming, recreational, competitive table tennis

20 min. of Activity = 2 miles

VIGOROUS ACTIVITY
    (7.5+ kcals used per minute)

Exercise classes: i.e. (spinning, step, kickboxing, body pump, circuit training) basketball, soccer, cross country skiing, hard mogul skiing, martial arts, boxing sparring, chopping wood, swimming fast laps, competitive dancing

25 min. of Activity = 3 miles

I danced my butt off on Thursday night for a couple of very sweaty hours, which gave me 14.5 miles. I also went for a few walks - a mile earlier today, and another mile on Friday. I also lifted weights for a total of 60 minutes on different days which is 9 miles. I also did a bunch of cleaning my disaster of a house which took at least 2 hours. That puts me at a total of 31 miles. Not super impressive but it got the job done. :)
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 177 Member
    ljdanny - sending light & prayers to you & your mom. hoping all the best and sad that you're both having this experience - at least you can be there for her. definitely, don't worry about us - take good care of yourself.

my weight is still at 159.

and i got no exercise in this week as i was just at the hospital so much that i was wiped out by the time i came back and first thing in the morning. my sister is doing well - it's just that noone else has been able to be around & i didn't want to leave her sitting in a hospital icu bed all alone for large portions of the day.

my apologies for letting you guys down - just different priorities right now.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I completed my 26 miles. Between jogging, walking, circuit training, and strength training I ended up at 33 miles.