Pureed Foods?

Options
Since I am just beginning my journey towards having this surgery, I am trying to get as much information gathered as possible.I know this is a ways off for me, but I'd like to know what types of food people ate or are eating during the pureed food stage. I have toadmit I have a bad image of pureed food in my mind. As a nurse in a nursing home, I have a lot of patients on pureed diets and honestly, some of it looks pretty gross. How do you make it more appealing, or appealing as possible. I need to get over the gross out factor with this.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just ate yogurt, soft scrambled eggs, stouffers spinach souffle and well chewed canned soup along with protien shakes. You can only eat about a quarter cup of anything anyway. Pretty much everything was nauseating to me the first month. It is a battle to get in the protein and water alone.
  • Noncon4mist
    Options
    Thank you. That sounds manageable to me. I just hear pureed food and start thinking of the stuff they serve in nursing homes lol. The more I think about having this surgery, the better I feel. I know it won't be easy, but I am becoming more confident that I am making a good decision for me.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html
    Best site EVER for post-op cooking ideas! I lived on her ricotta bake for a few weeks.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    I had purred tuna fish and baby food. The baby food was actaully not bad. Cannot eat much but the protein shkes sure helped. I was "filled up" with the shakes, so food eating was not very little.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What type of baby food did you purchase - variety - brand name, etc.
  • clhensley75
    Options
    I couldn't handle the thought of pureed foods. I relied heavily on protein shakes. Smoothie King has a great shake that is high protein and very low sugar. I also had a lot of chicken noodle soup and sugar free pudding and jello.