Saying Hi

paperfiish
paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
Hello there,

Just looking for other MFP friends who are Body Positive and possibly Fat Positive as well. I'm here on MFP mostly to keep track of the changes I'm making in my diet for better overall health (more veggies, less candy, sometimes), but in general I've always hated the diet culture mentality. I love my body as it is but I also know I can make changes to my eating and exercise habits that will benefit me both physically and mentally. I'd like to make some MFP friends who don't see food or weight loss moralistically, because what we eat isn't a moral issue (at least, when we're not talking about food production and other things) and neither are our bodies. I personally want to lose weight because I know it would alleviate some of my sciatic pain, and eating more healthful foods makes me feel more stable overall, but if one more person tells me that that it's a "good decision because you have such a pretty face".... *shakes head*

Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Hell yes. :D

Also:
    eating more healthful foods makes me feel more stable overall

You are singing the song of my people. <3 I deal with a low level of anxiety, and I find that when I'm mindful of what I put in my body, I'm a lot more clear-headed and less likely to end up in a pit (so to speak). It's what got me here in the first place.
  • paperfiish
    paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
    You are singing the song of my people. <3 I deal with a low level of anxiety, and I find that when I'm mindful of what I put in my body, I'm a lot more clear-headed and less likely to end up in a pit (so to speak). It's what got me here in the first place.

Same here! I have a couple of anxiety disorders that have taken a really big toll on my quality of life lately, and aside from the conventional treatments, I've found that changing my diet has a significant effect on my overall ability to deal with things. I'm starting to learn that mindful eating and more attention paid to the body are really important tools in dealing with anxiety.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Looks like you might have stumbled into the right forum! :) Welcome.
  • Hey there!

Thought I'd drop in (though this group doesn't seem very active). Like you, I'm trying to lose weight/get healthy/get stronger for myself.
  • TheBigSleep
    TheBigSleep Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Whywolf! I'm in a very similar boat. You are not alone!