New Blood Work?

Options
VastBreak
VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
When is it time to get new blood work?

Per my insurance, I am not scheduled to get a new set of labs until June.

Lately though, for about the last 6 weeks, I haven't been feeling well. Originally I thought I was getting sick or just feeling run down. Now I'm wondering if this is related to my hypothyroid? Nothing horrible but exhausted, waking up tired, no energy, lack of focus and concentration.

The Dr is willing to run a new work up but it will mostly be out of pocket. June is so far off though if I do need an adjustment to my meds.

How do you all know if you need a med adjustment? What signs do you look for?

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I can tell when I am overly tired from getting loads of sleep. Can you perhaps pay out of pocket for labs?
  • MariettaDelene
    MariettaDelene Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I paid out of pocket for my thyroid test when I was off of insurance. It cost $68. To me, that was a small price to pay to get my meds upped (I'd spiked from a TSH of 27 (coming down from a high prior) to a TSH of 40 without reason. I'm currently level. All of those symptoms sound like textbook hypothyroidism spike. Have it checked!

Also, are you certain that your insurance won't cover? If you see your doctor and have the lab ordered, typically insurance will cover necessary labs. I've never had my insurance deny me, even if it were before time, but I may just have good insurance. :)