Shoes

Options
Tony keep mentioning on last all workouts that running shoes are big No no. I only have one pr of runners, and I do all of the workouts in them. Except, yoga , which I do barefoot.

What kind of shoes do you use for these workouts? Do you have the cross trainer kind he recommends? Honestly I have no idea what is the main difference between the different sport shoes.

Replies

• anu_active
    anu_active Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the same question too! I do all my workouts barefoot because I have weak plantar fascia and wearing running shoes gives me incredible pain in my heel and the entire bottom of my feet.
    Any advice on shoes for plyo workoputs for people with foot issues?
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have court shoes. I went to an athletic shoe store and asked for their best "all around" shoes. When I used to do Krav Maga I realized running shoes were just about the worst. They only give you stabilization for forward movement, they can actually weaken your muscle (ankle) rotation on side-to-side movements, making them dangerous in the sense that you are off balance and more likely to become injured. Also a lot of the time they're heavier! Ugh, haha, give me something light to jump around in.

The store led me to several options that supported my high arches, but gave me the mobility I was looking for.
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wear these: http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/nike-lunar-hyperworkout
    I used to work out in running shoes but I realized I was getting no support on lateral movements (at the time I was doing Body Revolution and there are about a billion side lunges in that) and these make a huge difference.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wear Vibram Five Fingers (toe shoes). They feel like I am barefoot, but have plenty of traction on my carpet tiles.

Mike
  • corbanlucas
    Options
    I go to Zappos.com for my shoe selections. Any kind of court shoe is best: Tennis, volleyball, basketball, or cross training.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I wear Vibram Five Fingers (toe shoes). They feel like I am barefoot, but have plenty of traction on my carpet tiles.

Mike
    I heard that is the best for weight training. Unfortunately I have a greek style foot ( second toe is longer then the first toe) and fingers length does not accommodate that.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I wear these: http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/nike-lunar-hyperworkout
    I used to work out in running shoes but I realized I was getting no support on lateral movements (at the time I was doing Body Revolution and there are about a billion side lunges in that) and these make a huge difference.
    I think one of the women on the DVDs has the exact same shoe :)