Eating healthy & exercise with fibromyalgia

Options
Hi all!

Just joined the group because I wanted to share my story. There is hope! I'm living proof.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 8 years ago. Like most people with chronic pain, I suffered tremendously with the symptoms - constant pain, frequent flare ups, exhaustion, etc. After years of going with medications and doctors that didn't help, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I started by cleaning up my eating habits. There is such a STRONG connection between fibro symptoms and what we eat. I identified my trigger foods and ended up deciding to go vegan in order to eat the right foods and avoid the wrong foods. Everyone is different, but this is what has worked for me. I haven't had any soda in years and I know that's a huge culprit. I also gave up coffee.

After I addressed my nutrition, I started exercising regularly. At first, I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs, so I had to go at my own pace. But every day that I moved, I felt better. Slowly but surely, fibro seemed to disappear. I've since completed 3 full fitness programs (one of them being an INTENSE cardio program and another one a strength training program), I've hiked to the summit of 2 13,000 foot mountains, and done countless other things that seemed IMPOSSIBLE before. I took my life back.

I haven't had a single symptom since March 2013.

I wanted to share this so you all know it can get better. You have to really commit to changing things in order to see a change. Change your mindset. Change your activity level. Change your eating habits. Change your life.

Best of luck to you all!

Wendy

Replies

• ladytartis
    Options
    Thank You For Sharing i had fibromyalgia since 2009.so reading your story has inspired me