Protein Powder?

Options
MrsJS5
MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
A popular topic on the main boards, I know, but I'm curious. Do you use protein powder? Which one? I was using Plant Fusion Vanilla which tastes fine but it has stevia and was bothering me (digestively) so I switched to hemp powder. I don't mind the taste and no problem with digestion but it doesn't dissolve so it's more difficult to drink. The only other protein powder I've found with real sugar is brown rice but I live in California so brown rice powder is labeled as a potential health hazard. I guess it has higher than normal levels of arsenic for state law.

What do you use?

Replies

• sweetychaitu
    Options
    i use chia seed powder as protein powder. They are great. Sometimes i use them as whole seeds also.
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i use nutiva hemp protein powder (im not sure if thats the brand you tried, but thats the best one i've found.) The only ingredient is the hemp powder, so it doesn't have any sugar or sweetener. It has no taste and i find it dissolves well in things and I've gotten used to the awful green color of it lol. I get it off of amazon because i don't have many health stores in my area
  • Courage1895
    Options
    I use chia and hemp from a natural food store and that's really it. Other than that I have never used a protein powder.
  • Kallie3000
    Kallie3000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My dietician recommended Vega, as it is plant based as well as fits in with the low FODMAP, no gluten diet I have to be on. I don't think it tastes great (I just tried the chocolate) but I'm happy there is SOMETHING I can have on the run!