Where to shop when you're tall?

Options
eclair82
eclair82 Posts: 5 Member
Hi all, I'm 5'10" and am curious as to where all you tall girls like to shop for clothes! I find a lot of stores have women's clothes that are ill-fitted for my height (i.e., waist in shirts hits to high, shoulders not wide enough.) I wish in addition to petite sections, more stores would have a tall section!

Replies

• lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Long tall Sally, but I'm so lucky that I can go to the UK to try the stuff on. wonderful for my ape arms. Lands end tall is good, but can be a bit frumpy. Fabby banana republic has some tall stuff - gorgeous lovely but expensive and also Old Navy - less so... So that's some to be getting on with. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Now I'm slimmer it is even harder as when stuff goes in, it also goes up and I don't really want to show my thighs at work...
  • LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    Long Tall Sally.
    New Look, Topshop and Dorothy Perkins all have 'Tall' sections on their websites as well and I think they ship internationally!
    I don't know what i'd do without Topshop tall!
  • eclair82
    eclair82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome...thanks! I haven't heard of some of those stores and will definitely give them a look. :smile: I found a tall-sized dress at Banana Republic on sale (it had been returned to the store from an online purchase) and am happy with the way it fits--the waist sits lower.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    madly googling topshops for my trip to the UK. Thank you x
  • sabertoothkitten
    Options
    There's a Long Tall Sally in my city! I didn't even know they existed! That is fantastic. Thanks for the tip :)
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer jeans fit me really well, and they have tall tops also. :)
  • zerogravy
    Options
    I get a lot from old navy and gap. They have a good selection of tall online and you can make returns to any brick & mortar store. alloy online also has a great selection of pants with long inseams but they are all junior sizes.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems! what usually is a dress for me is a shirt :sad:
    forget forever 21 the lenght in the pics is from girls who are like 5' I swear!
    try banana republic! specially when on sales that's where the good stuff is! I also hear the gap is good but I think is mostly for being patient and look up for stuff! plus you get to burn quite a few calories!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer and Banana Republic
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Gap, Athleta, Maurices
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've been happy with JC Penny. The tall stuff is available on-line. I get it shipped to the store and try it on right there. If it is good I keep it and if not, send it back right away.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Men's clothes I tend to find are longer. Obviously I wouldn't wear mens pants or anything, but sweaters, flannels, polos, etc. fit me better than any woman's cut.

Or I just wear regular women's clothes, and if a shirt is too short I wear a tank top underneath.
  • paperalien
    paperalien Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have to shop mainly online.
    Recently I got some new work pants from Gap in America. They are so long!!
    Nothing is made for long legged women in NZ. To NZ retailers, tall is 32inch inseam. For me, that is short.

I also struggle to find long enough shirts but I have to deal with that as I don't have the funds to buy all my clothes online from different countries.
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have shopped at Alloy.com for years... while alot of the super cute studded/embroidered/trendy stuff isnt in tall.. they still have a HUGGEEEE selection of pants up to 37 inch inseams and when they have stuff on sale I can snatch up stuff for 10 bucks sometimes and you can always find those E-coupons for it. With out Alloy.. I dont know what I would have done and as someone with alot of curves.. most of their pants fit me great although I tend to order a size up.

Another is Delias... they have good stuff but its hit or miss with it fitting my curvy frame...

Gap... yeha.. never fit me great.. and Wal-Mart has tall too but those make me look frumpy...
  • Vegasbride14
    Options
    Asos now do a tall section!! Topshop tall is also a godsend! x
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    3 words.
    Alloy dot com
    I wouldn't have any pants in my closet if it wasn't for Alloy (:
  • LuvMyCapt
    LuvMyCapt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Vanity carries 37" jeans on the rack!!! I get all of my jeans there. Can't wait to try out some of the new stores you have mentioned here. I also order stuff on Long Elegant Legs.

After I had my daughter I swore off wearing men's clothing forever!
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lands end online- quite a bit of their pants they hem for free- you just tell them the length. I just ordered some dressier pants from them. I also wear Old Navy tall sizes and Gap tall sizes. Both you can return at a store free or they do free returns if you ship it back to them. I do not shop in normal stores anymore- all online. No one carries tall sizes in their stores.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that Kohl's has tall clothes for women. They are only on-line, but if you order from the kiosk in store you get free shipping to your home or to the store. They also seem to have a lot of sales and coupons.
  • ginnybrock
    ginnybrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Etsy!! There's so many sellers on there that will make garments to your measurements.