vechicles and attraction

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
Survey done @ http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/cars-that-attract-ladies.html says most attractive men drive black Ford trucks and attractive women drive red BMWs.

cars-that-attract-ladies-final.jpg

According to the survey

Women ranked these styles as cars that attractive men drive:

Pickup trucks: 32%
Sports cars: 27%
SUVs: 16%
Sedans: 11%
Hybrid or electric: 9%
UPS truck: 4%
Minivans: 2%
Mail truck: 1%

The top brands of car for attractive men, as ranked by women, were Ford (16%), Chevrolet (13%) and Porsche (11%). Women overwhelmingly point to black (53%) as the color of cars driven by good-looking men, followed by silver (16%) and red (13%).

and Men said attractive women drive

Sports cars: 39%
Sedans: 22%
SUVs: 20%
Pickup trucks: 10%
Hybrid or electric vehicle: 6%
Minivans: 4%

Men envision desirable gals in BMWs (16%), Mercedes-Benzes (14%) and Porsches (10%). The top car colors for attractive women were red (40%), black (23%) and silver (14%).

When asked what’s most important about a car belonging to the opposite sex, people say:

1. That it is clean. (Women: 45%. Men: 43%.)

2. That it is reliable. (Women: 37%. Men: 29%.)

Less important are:

3. That it is interesting. (Women: 7%. Men: 12%.)

4. That it is new or new-ish. (Women: 6%. Men: 9%.)

5. That it is expensive. (Women: 4%. Men: 6%.)

Auto-related turn-offs were:

1) Cigarette butts in the ashtray. (Women: 23%. Men: 23%.) [ This I agree with. I don't want to date a smoker
2) Trash on the seats. (Women: 22%. Men: 23%.)
3) Playing bad loud music. (Women: 21%. Men: 16%.)
4) Bumper stickers for political candidates. (Women: 9%. Men: 13 %.)
5) Car dents. (Women: 6%. Men: 11%.)
6) Loud exhaust. (Women: 14%. Men: 9%.)
7) Pine tree air freshener. (Women: 5%. Men: 5%.) wait...what? (-_-)a

Replies

• maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I guess my red Nissan Almera isn't quite like BMW convertible, but at least it's red :wink: (But I guess I can blame my car why i'm not attractive to men, haha :wink: )
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    what confuses me is that only 5% of men care if the girl drives an expensive car yet Men envision desirable gals in BMWs (16%), Mercedes-Benzes (14%) and Porsches (10%).

And they say women don't know what they want.

Also put a guy in a jeep wrangler for me and he does become about 30% more attractive to me, put a large dog in the jeep with the guy and it goes up 50%.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Put a man in a Chevy....and I melt. Preferably chevy truck 05-2012 model.
    Bwahahaha

It's it's paid for....take your pants off mister.:blushing:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    what confuses me is that only 5% of men care if the girl drives an expensive car yet Men envision desirable gals in BMWs (16%), Mercedes-Benzes (14%) and Porsches (10%).

And they say women don't know what they want.

Also put a guy in a jeep wrangler for me and he does become about 30% more attractive to me, put a large dog in the jeep with the guy and it goes up 50%.

I interpreted that as two separate and distinct questions. The first is what do you envision a hot woman driving. The answer being a luxury sports car. Obviously you envision that because these extremely hot women have used their looks to find a wealthy man or at least a faux wealthy man who is willing to pay the price to get the hot woman to stay with him. The second question is what type of car do you think makes a woman look sexy.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My SUV is boring but always super clean with a light dusting of dog hair.

The Harley is what gets the looks, though. I could probably nail any toothless middle-aged meth addicted truckstop prostitute I wanted to when I ride that bad boy,
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Motorbike riders > all.

I'm biased.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Seems pretty US-centric. Pick-up trucks are not a normal car to drive in Europe and the UK - I only ever see them in rural areas or occasionally for construction workers(though most of them have vans instead in the UK - too much rain!). Definitely not a city/town vehicle.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Seems pretty US-centric. Pick-up trucks are not a normal car to drive in Europe and the UK - I only ever see them in rural areas or occasionally for construction workers(though most of them have vans instead in the UK - too much rain!). Definitely not a city/town vehicle.

Not just US-centric...certain areas of the US-centric lol. I never see pickups in DC (or any big East Coast city) and I don't think any of my friends would agree with them winning this poll.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Love Ford F-150's....But I live in Montana :o)

But my man drives an Audi and I love that too!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that 1% that liked Mail Trucks are bored housewives?
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Guess I should drive my Xterra with no shirt on...see if it ups my points..lol
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just had a thought. Montana has Ford F-150's and every other kind of pick up imaginable everywhere! However, we have very few sports cars.

So according to this study our state has an abundance of attractive men, but very few attractive women......Humph, I don't think I like this study at ALL!!!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    hmm, the only time I pay attention to what a man drives is when it's a hummer or overly- jacked up truck, and only because my immediate reaction is "what a douche canoe"...lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The Harley is what gets the looks, though. I could probably nail any toothless middle-aged meth addicted truckstop prostitute I wanted to when I ride that bad boy,
    :laugh:

Not just US-centric...certain areas of the US-centric lol. I never see pickups in DC (or any big East Coast city) and I don't think any of my friends would agree with them winning this poll.

Yes, this. I don't consider trucks 'sexy' in fact, quite the opposite. I do understand that they are necessary for certain jobs though and that's fine.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yep. . time to trade the ol' Camry for a Ram Pickup. .