Super bowl binge, muscle gain or Aunt Dot...

Or a little bit of all 3?
So I hopped on the scale this morning and witnessed a 5 lb gain. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa:noway: :noway:
My :heart: skipped 2 beats. I'm not going to lie, it's got me feeling miserable. :noway: (These emojis are hilarious to me btw!)
It's no secret, I went in on the alcohol and pizza this past Sunday. So, I'm sure the gain has a lot to do with that. I've also incorporated weights into my workouts. Aunt Dot will also be staying with me for the next few days. So my cravings for sweets are nearly unbearable.
Whatever it is, I hope the scale moves in my favor by the time Sunday's weigh in comes around.

I'm known to be a slave to the scale but damn, it's getting bad. I've noticed as long as I see a loss, I'm good. A gain of any sort, especially 5 lbs, almost depresses me.

I've got some work to do!
Thanks for listening you guys!!!!:wink:

Replies

• RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    It's ok, with your workout schedule and ethic, I'm sure the weight will be gone with your Aunt. :wink:
    Hang in there. You are an inspiration and support to many, so hopefully you can take solace on that to keep you away from funky-town. :flowerforyou:
  • It's crazy you posted this because I've been feeling some type of way. Not happy about what the scale showed me. I just blogged about it. You can do this! WE can do this! You have come such a long way. Don't let the depression get the best of you. Remember why you are doing this, and you will win.
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Gah I am having the same problem! Like, there's no way I've gained 3 lbs when I've been under every. single. day. Must be hormones. Unfortunately I don't have any great solutions, but hang in there! It's a marathon, not a sprint, so one day or one week will not kill us, it's the ultimate journey.
  • You know that you didn't eat 5lb. worth of calories, so don't let it derail you and all the hard work you've put into this. Aunt Dot always brings trouble. (BTW, that took me a minute, we call her Auntie Em.)All the extra sodium is another problem. Slam some extra water and get back to basics. You got this!
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    D. all of the above. hang in there, you're doing great.
  • trust me, aunt dot is a pain! When I had it, i saw the same number on the scale for the 3rd week! Definitely was kinda sad, but it has to go down sometime, right? Then after it left, I literally plummeted from 171 to 167! I've never ever got that far on weight loss journeys, so it was quite the high! Don't worry, it must go down sometime with consistency! Good luck ;)
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 62 Member
    Just pay it off over time, like any other debt. Figure out how many calories over you went the whole time, and exercise a little extra every day until you're back to even. You'll be right back on track in just a week or two... :)
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    I'm voting all three. I don't think is weekend was great for just about anybody, but when multiple factors gang up on you , it can definitely be disheartening. Don't let it suck you into negative self-talk, or worse, negative action. Get lots of water and some good sleep, and then have at the recovery plan!
  • Thanks everyone! Although the # on the scale hasn't changed I'm feeling much better. You guys are the best!!!!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Sounds like everyone else has this all covered. I'll second the statement about "Granny coming down from the North" - I gain 2kg (like clockwork) 12 hours before she starts and it stays until 24 hours after it ends. Then, it drops down to whatever weight I actually am, including any loss that I've had. Hang in there, honey!! You'll see a plummet soon as your body figures out what's going on. xx
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    We call her Aunt Flo and she has been visiting me this week as well. I have had a 1/2 lb loss, but with my calorie deficits I think it should be more. She showed up Super Bowl Sunday, so hopefully by our weigh-in day I will have more of a loss showing.

Don't beat yourself up about the splurge. I'm know you have been working hard to make up for it!