Abs Question

Options
jennicole4
jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
I've only done three sessions of SL so far, but am not feeling too much in my abs yet. I try to keep my core engaged, but the soreness in my abs is minimal if any. I am a little sore in the legs and glutes, shoulders, and where my arms meet my body (if that makes any sense). Is this normal? Should I be feeling more in my abs? Or will it come later as the lifts become more challenging? I'm finding them fairly easy but know that won't last long the more weight I add. Should I be doing separate ab work?

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    You will feel it more when you get into heavier weights, or should anyway. In the mean time or any time doing a reasonable amount of core work (don't neglect erectors) is fine. It's optional though. For health/general fitness doing the compound lifts are enough.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You are still very early on. Don't worry about abs right now. Concentrate on form. You will see changes in your body as the months progress. Dont gauge your process on how sore you are either. I can remember on one hand the times my abs have been sore from compound lifts, but I've lost a good amount of body fat in the belly area. Keep it up and you shall see results.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That's the good thing about compound lifts, they work almost all of your body. You use your core to help stabilize the weights, etc. I started SL at the end of October, and I've lost 2.5" off my natural waist alone.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    I've made the crazy lady's crazy core exercises thread a sticky (for the time being) as there are a lot of core questions at the moment!
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I will just stick to the program as is for now. I don't want to hinder my progress by doing too much too soon. I will check out the sticky too!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I've been doing SL since the end of November and I'm just now feeling it in my abs. As a matter of fact, my last workout was first time I felt sore directly after my workout.