Introduce yourself!

Options
Hey Girls! I just joined and thought it would be helpful to see who is still a "Turbo Fire Hottie" in this group. And introduce yourself! My Name is Tiffany. I am 28 years old. I am married and have two girls (ages 6 and 4). I lost control of my weight after my first child. I began eating healthy after watching a few documentaries about our "American Diet". As a result, I ended up loosing around 20 lbs over about 6 months. I own Turbo Fire and gave up on it my first time round about two years ago. And now I am at it again! I am a big geek, I love things like Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings. I will dress up and I am not ashamed! lol I am hoping to get back into shape and take my kids to the beach more often this year. I stopped going because of my weight and the embarrassment I felt at being in a bathing suit. :/ I look forward to learning about all the other Hotties in this group! =) Have a blessed day everyone!

Replies

• PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany! I'm also new to the group! My name is Amanda. I am 29 with 2 kids, 7 & 5. I did P90X a while back and did amazing. I was so happy with my results. I let myself go again though and gained back plus some. Ive had TF for awhile but never completed the program. And right now I'm not exactly following the program. I switch between TF and the gym. I've been doing more and more TF though.

5'8"
    SW: 177lbs
    GW: 150lbs
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I'm 28 years old I'm getting back into this today! been on and off for about a year after going from 210 lbs to 145lbs I have gained weight back being careless with my diet over the last yearish and now am at 171 lbs :( but that is all going to change!

I am planning on doing the Jillian body revolution and turbo fire as my cardio!
  • MrsEdwards2005
    Options
    Awesome! Well let's stay on top of things and help motivate each other! =) I was sick on sat and planted an Orchard yesterday (Can't wait to get the fruits of that labor) on the family property. =) So I missed a day. I will be finishing week one tomorrow. I enjoy it, but it seems my kids think that when I am working out it is the best time to try and hold a conversation....lol I am 5'6 , weigh(According to my Wii) 146 but I believe I am about 5 lbs over that, with a goal of 130-135lbs. =)
  • PinkGemini612
    Options
    Awesome! Well let's stay on top of things and help motivate each other! =) I was sick on sat and planted an Orchard yesterday (Can't wait to get the fruits of that labor) on the family property. =) So I missed a day. I will be finishing week one tomorrow. I enjoy it, but it seems my kids think that when I am working out it is the best time to try and hold a conversation....lol I am 5'6 , weigh(According to my Wii) 146 but I believe I am about 5 lbs over that, with a goal of 130-135lbs. =)

My kids are same way! They either need something, want to chat, out they fight with each other!
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I stop in here every so often to post and meet new members. I'm a 31 year old mom of a 9 & 7 year old. I didn't really struggle with my weight if I was active until after I broke my ankle in 2010 and suffered permanent nerve damage from the surgery to repair it.

The physical activities I can do since then have been limited. Luckily, I found ChaLean Extreme (Chalene's strength training program) in 2011 while looking for a new workout program and absolutely fell in love with the program and her training style. I did a round of CLX (and almost reached my goal weight) then reinjured my ankle and was out of commission until early last year.

I bought TF last May and have been hooked ever since! I have to modify some moves but for the most part can do everything except the big jumps and created my own hybrid of TF & CLX that's my go to fitness routine. The first time I completed it I dropped 16 pounds, 56.5", several clothes sizes and rreduced my BMI by 27 (the equivalent of a 41 pound fat loss and 30 pound lean body mass gain).

I took a break over the holidays and am back at my hybrid - Week 2 Day 3 today! My kids love to annoy me during my workouts too. I tell them, if they want to be in the same room while I'm working out, they gotta join in. It works about half the time lol and they're slowly joining in the workouts more often.

My start weight was 192, I'm currently at 183 (I gained some on my break) and my goal is 120 or a size 4, whichever comes first :)

If anyone's looking for additional support and motivation, I have a 30 day fitness challenge starting Sunday. You can do any fitness routine but most of us are doing TF or another Beachbody program. Get in touch with me if you're interested or have any questions about it!

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • kblount10
    Options
    I'm new as well and just started today! I'm 26, have been married for 5 years, and have one three year old son. I never lost the pregnancy weight despite having my son over 3 years ago! I have yo-yod between 190 and 160 and am currently 188. In 12 weeks I would like to be 168! I have a really hard time sticking to my workouts so I am really holding myself accountable this go-round!
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    I'm new as well and just started today! I'm 26, have been married for 5 years, and have one three year old son. I never lost the pregnancy weight despite having my son over 3 years ago! I have yo-yod between 190 and 160 and am currently 188. In 12 weeks I would like to be 168! I have a really hard time sticking to my workouts so I am really holding myself accountable this go-round!

Way to go making that first step towards changing yourself! The first week or two are tough but once you get into a routine, you start looking forward to the workouts. It helps that TurboFire is really fun too :)

You got this!
  • PinkGemini612
    Options

Welcome! You can do it!
  • MrsEdwards2005
    Options

Woot! Woot! Get it girl! We can do it! How is everyone doing on TurboFire? I am doing well. Just did my HIIT 20 today and I must say it made me queezy! lol I am looking into Heart Rate Monitors to help keep me motivated and let me know how much I am burning during my T.F. work outs. Anybody do this? And have recommendations? :-)
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and absolutely love it! I paid about $60 at heartratemonitorsusa.com (they also have an eBay store). I initially started with a cheaper Mio Drive HRM ($15 at stores.ebay.com/N-Y-Bill) that worked well but did not have a chest strap so my calorie burns weren't as accurate as they could be.

I did a lot of research before getting my Polar and went with that brand because they developed and use the most accurate algorithm for determining calorie burn (this only applies to steady-state cardio - while you can, and I do, track burn during HIIT and strength training, hrm's just can't account for variables within your body that have an impact on calorie burn during these exercises).

Initially I bought the much more expensive Polar FT7 training computer/hrm but it was giving me ridiculously low readings - like 95 calories for Fire 30 - and then the transmitter completely stopped working. I searched additional reviews about this specific issue with the FT7 and found the low burn amount and transmitter malfunction were committed issues with this model. I contacted HRMUSA.com and was very easily able to exchange the faulty FT7 for the more reliable, cheaper and bright pink F7.

I haven't had any issues with my F7 since getting it almost a year ago. It's user friendly, has useful info like target heart rate zone and time spent in these zones during each workout, saves 30 workout sessions (I think, maybe more) and the chest strap is barely noticeable under my sports bra. The manufacturer recommends using electrode gel to get a good signal but a little bit of water on the back of the strap works just as well and is free.

I also use a Fitbit One to track my daily activity. While a Fitbit is an activity tracker and does not measure my heart rate, it is a neat little gadget to get an overall snapshot of my daily activity level (when I enter my calorie burn from my hrm in mfp, it replaces the Fitbit data for the time period of my workout) and syncs with mfp to adjust my daily calorie goal accordingly.

If you're looking to determine actual calorie burn during your workouts, a hrm is the way to go. If you're trying to track overall activity for the day or your primary cardio activity is running/jogging/walking, a Fitbit or similar device will be more useful since they track your activity through steps and vertical movement. Either way the only way to really know how many calories you burn is to track them with some sort of device so I'd definitely recommend choosing one that best fits your needs or using a combination of an hrm and activity tracker :)

If you want more info on any of the devices I use or have questions, I'm happy to help!
  • MrsEdwards2005
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and absolutely love it! I paid about $60 at heartratemonitorsusa.com (they also have an eBay store). I initially started with a cheaper Mio Drive HRM ($15 at stores.ebay.com/N-Y-Bill) that worked well but did not have a chest strap so my calorie burns weren't as accurate as they could be.

I did a lot of research before getting my Polar and went with that brand because they developed and use the most accurate algorithm for determining calorie burn (this only applies to steady-state cardio - while you can, and I do, track burn during HIIT and strength training, hrm's just can't account for variables within your body that have an impact on calorie burn during these exercises).

Initially I bought the much more expensive Polar FT7 training computer/hrm but it was giving me ridiculously low readings - like 95 calories for Fire 30 - and then the transmitter completely stopped working. I searched additional reviews about this specific issue with the FT7 and found the low burn amount and transmitter malfunction were committed issues with this model. I contacted HRMUSA.com and was very easily able to exchange the faulty FT7 for the more reliable, cheaper and bright pink F7.

I haven't had any issues with my F7 since getting it almost a year ago. It's user friendly, has useful info like target heart rate zone and time spent in these zones during each workout, saves 30 workout sessions (I think, maybe more) and the chest strap is barely noticeable under my sports bra. The manufacturer recommends using electrode gel to get a good signal but a little bit of water on the back of the strap works just as well and is free.

I also use a Fitbit One to track my daily activity. While a Fitbit is an activity tracker and does not measure my heart rate, it is a neat little gadget to get an overall snapshot of my daily activity level (when I enter my calorie burn from my hrm in mfp, it replaces the Fitbit data for the time period of my workout) and syncs with mfp to adjust my daily calorie goal accordingly.

If you're looking to determine actual calorie burn during your workouts, a hrm is the way to go. If you're trying to track overall activity for the day or your primary cardio activity is running/jogging/walking, a Fitbit or similar device will be more useful since they track your activity through steps and vertical movement. Either way the only way to really know how many calories you burn is to track them with some sort of device so I'd definitely recommend choosing one that best fits your needs or using a combination of an hrm and activity tracker :)

If you want more info on any of the devices I use or have questions, I'm happy to help!

Thanks for the info! I did order from the same company and got the FT7 this morning before reading this post...wish me luck..lol I will look at others if I have issues. I went with the FT7 over the 4 because of how many workouts it will store. But we will see. thanks again. and I will def. keep you in mind if I have any questions! I should have it by next Wed-Thurs.
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    ^^^^ I hope you don't have the same issues I did! Which color did you get? I loved the maroon which was a deciding factor in my initial decision.

The 7 definitely stores a lot more info about your workouts too in addition to the extra training files. It works best if you get the Polar Link to sync your files with the website. You may also be able to sync wirelessly by upgrading to the H7 chest strap transmitter but the Polar app only works with Apple mobile devices and the Samsung S4. Of course I have a Samsung S3 phone, Galaxy tablet and my laptop crashed last year so I would have had to enter the data manually which I tried to do but the website wasn't compatible with my phone or tablet so the extra features were completely useless to me. It actually worked in my favor that the watch I got had so many software and hardware issues because I would have been changed to exchange it otherwise. If you have the same issue with comparability and want a different model instead, hrmusa charges a restocking fee to exchange products that don't have a manufacturer defect so I'd just say your calorie burns are way off since it's a common issue with the model anyway.

Had I not experienced the issues that I did with compatibility, I definitely would have exchanged the faulty watch for a new one because it has some really powerful and interesting analytic capabilities regarding target heart rate zones, how long you were in each zone, how long you should work out in each zone weekly according to your goals (increased, fitness, endurance or weight loss), and lots of other cool/useful features to make my workouts as effective as possible.

Good luck and let me know how it works out!
  • MrsEdwards2005
    Options
    ^^^^ I hope you don't have the same issues I did! Which color did you get? I loved the maroon which was a deciding factor in my initial decision.

The 7 definitely stores a lot more info about your workouts too in addition to the extra training files. It works best if you get the Polar Link to sync your files with the website. You may also be able to sync wirelessly by upgrading to the H7 chest strap transmitter but the Polar app only works with Apple mobile devices and the Samsung S4. Of course I have a Samsung S3 phone, Galaxy tablet and my laptop crashed last year so I would have had to enter the data manually which I tried to do but the website wasn't compatible with my phone or tablet so the extra features were completely useless to me. It actually worked in my favor that the watch I got had so many software and hardware issues because I would have been changed to exchange it otherwise. If you have the same issue with comparability and want a different model instead, hrmusa charges a restocking fee to exchange products that don't have a manufacturer defect so I'd just say your calorie burns are way off since it's a common issue with the model anyway.

Had I not experienced the issues that I did with compatibility, I definitely would have exchanged the faulty watch for a new one because it has some really powerful and interesting analytic capabilities regarding target heart rate zones, how long you were in each zone, how long you should work out in each zone weekly according to your goals (increased, fitness, endurance or weight loss), and lots of other cool/useful features to make my workouts as effective as possible.

Good luck and let me know how it works out!

Used it for the first time one a run yesterday. (Started a C25K program). The C25K program stated that I burned a little over 200 calories and the HRM (which is the Blue and lilac btw ;) ) said 338.
    I did test it when I first received it while "Resting" and it stayed in the high 70's and around 80...but I think I do have a bit of a high heart rate. I checked it against my pulse also and it seemed to match well.
    During the run it stayed steady in each section without jumping around. And after, stayed around 140-150 for awhile as I was cooling down. So it seems like I didn't get a lemon...lol It is hard because it is my first one, but so far so good.
    It is a great motivator to know you can watch yourself burn more calories if you work just a little harder.
    Today I am doing Turbo Fire and will test it then too. =)
  • mrs9wilson
    mrs9wilson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) My name is Katie. I am from Savannah, Ga. I am married and have a little girl. I started the turbo fire prep schedule today :) I have done this program before, but I honestly have never completed it :/ Maybe this group will be the boost I need to stay motivated! I have experienced pain in my left knee the past couple days, so I'm doing the modified low impact version. Any tips or motivation will be greatly appreciated :)
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself as a new member to this group. My name's Cara, I'm 34 and I'm currently on week 3 of the TurboFire Prep-Schedule. It's the first time I've done this particular program and I'm absolutely LOVING it. I've done TurboJam in the past and TF has just made the whole Turbo experience even better. Can't wait to get home from work each evening and crack on with my workouts.

I'm not following the diet plan, but I'm sticking to 1500 cals a day, which is so far working out nicely for me in terms of my weight loss goals. I'm also following the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which I do in the mornings before work, so staying very active at the moment, which I love.

Fire 45 EZ tonight - yay!
  • latinaace
    latinaace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Grace and from reading all the posts you all seem like a great group! ;)

I'm 40 years old and I'm in week 3 of Turbo Fire. I have P90x, Turbo Jam, Sculpt in 6, P90 at home and I think the only one i ever fully completed was Turbo Fire (but that was a few years ago). I love all the beach body programs but the music in TF is what keeps me coming back. I've gone through the usual ups and downs of weight and now that I'm 40 I just want to be at a steady weight and not see saw so much.

I'm currently at 150 and want to shed 15lbs. I'm sticking with 1200 calories a day and so far it seems to be working but the loss is slow (darn the aging process) so I just keep pressing play as soon as I get home from work.

I've been with myfitnesspal for some years now but i never thought to join any groups or find friends on here. Sooo, that's my story and it's great to meet everyone .... have an amazing day and chat with y'all soon!