What do we do?

Options
Check in with a little bio. What you do, etc. This will help us all understand the unique crap each of us has to deal with.

Replies

• JustGottaFlyGuy
    JustGottaFlyGuy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Measurement Manager for an Oil and Gas company in Calgary, AB Alberta.
    I sit all day. I'm bored, pissy and being fat keeps me from doing anything really fun.
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wireless Network Engineer in NJ. I spend most of my day sitting in front of a terminal. This past year has been my hardest on all fronts. Feel like **** most days. However, this last month things took a real nice turn for the better. I am hoping to ride the momentum and somehow let it fuel my health revolution. That said, I fear that if I fail this time, there won't be a next one. Scared actually.
  • JustGottaFlyGuy
    Options
    Nope. No failure for you my friend. This time next year, when we're getting together for a low carb beer and laughing our skinny *kitten* off... you'll see that if one fails, we all fail. I ain't gonna let you fail, you better not let me.
  • supermaninprogress
    supermaninprogress Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Insurance guy working from home, in front of a computer all day. Knees starting hurting walking up steps. Finally weighed myself and I had hit over 300lbs. for the first time! (302.5) I promised my wife I was going to work on it. So I'm back and this time doing my best to stick to it.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Professional Trucker Pisser offer and a very expensive instructor. After all a good education does not come cheap, and my lessons start at $115 and go up from there. Most expensive lesson handed out was to the tune of over $12,000. Now that was some educating ;)

Started officially at least 368lbs, and probably was higher. and I decided it was time to do something about it. Tired of being tired and all the aches and pains that go with too much me. Started here, started seeing my Dr and a dietician. Started walking then jogging some now actually running.

Actually was down to 305 back in 2002, but slowly crept back up. Now almost back to that weight and looking to get down to the low 200's if possible. Would love to get back into the air and skydive again
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Friend requests sent!

Let's win this war on fat, together!!!
  • just4today01
    just4today01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im a 37 yr old married father of 3. Union Trainer which means if not in classroom im infront of computer when not traveling. 5' 11" 335 pounds bad back. sore knees and a plantars fiaciatus left foot that makes me wanna murder. Im a softball coach and its impossible to move on field to demo. I feel ive quit on myself years ago and am pretty miserable most of time. Scared im always gunna be like this. I want to live life again and kick life in teeth like I used too. Im very insecure like never before. I never realized how much this obesity issue has a effect on me emotionally. Its Crazy! Im normally nutz and love to be around others. Now I hide at home all the time.. Help me fellas!!
  • fallingken
    Options
    Welcome tot he forums and MFP. It is a good place to start. Looks like you have lots of good reasons to make some lifestyle changes. Just set realistic goals and remember it took a fair bit of time to get to your current size, and it will take a bit to get to where you want it to be. But it can be done, if you want it. Just start simple, and don't give up. You can suceed.
  • just4today01
    just4today01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • rosejoshuad
    Options
    Hello. I am a 28 year old guy who tied the knot this year. I work for the VA as a Project Manager and a application/SharePoint developer. at my previous jobs, I used to work on my feet all of the time, so I was able to keep myself from gaining too much. Now with this job I spend 8hrs seated in front of a computer screen. I used to eat everything that was in sight (thus adding to my weight).

I have been big most of my life. Before I started to work on it my weight hit right at the 400lbs mark. That scared me. Also I was worried that when my wife and I have kids that I would not be able to keep up with them and wear out too quickly. But now with the help of my wife, I am on the road to being thin for the first time in my life. At the writing of this post I hit my first goal of losing 25lbs today.

I am looking for a group of men who are/have been large and can help each other out on this journey.
  • supermaninprogress
    Options
    I'm back. Got way sidetracked, but I'm recommitting!
  • fallingken
    Options
    Welcome back, always a good time to recommit
  • JustGottaFlyGuy
    Options
    Alright... ANYONE wanna get this pig going again?? Just got fricken diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes! TOTAL wake up call!

ANYONE?? Lets challange each other!!!

LET ME KNOW!