Weigh In #1 (2/10/2014)

Options
mlauraa
mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
Please make sure to introduce yourself and the goals you have. Also make sure to post your start weight, and if you have measuring tape go on and post those measurements as well.

This is the format i will be using to post my progress feel free to copy use if you want.:drinker:

Start Weight:
Weigh In#1:
Weigh In#2:
Weigh In#3:
Weigh In#4:

Replies

• mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura, i am 20 years old. I am a young hard working mother that does her best to get a workout in every night. I'm 5'5 and need to get out of the 200's :sad:

Start Weight: 205 pounds
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • kariokey30
    kariokey30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Carrie im 36, my start weight is 222. 4/7/14 is my daughter's 3rd birthday and my goal is 10-15lbs. by then. I'm interested Paleo eating. I will be joining the gym this month. I'm a SAHM and this is the heaviest i've ever been. While id love to be 145 again, my realistic goal is 160.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a few days early, but I don't think my weight will fluctuate much until the tenth.

My name is Jessica; I am 25 years old and I am a PR Account Manager (aka sedentary desk job). I'm about 5'7" and I'm 181 pounds.

Goals:

To be able to go on the beach with my boyfriend and feel sexxxxy during the summer
    I'm going on a trip in May and another in July (Essence Festival), and I want to feel comfortable in my body so I can have a great time.
    To lose about 30 pounds (150 is a goal weight) <---this is long term.
    To get back into a size 6 <---this is long term.
    Have a body I'm proud of.

I work out at home, and I also am a vegetarian, so if anyone is going through the same thing, I can be great encouragement.
  • debhagerty3
    debhagerty3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - My name is Deb. I am 52 years old and my start weight is 205 pounds. We are planning to take our family, grown children and grandchild, to Disney World on April 1. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with everyone in the parks, so I need to get in shape and lose some weight before we go. Thank you and good luck to everyone!
  • paralee99
    paralee99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Looking for some friends to add on here, and just happened upon this group.

My name is Bridget, I am 39 years old. I have a desk job, but I get up pretty often during the day, and I use the gym here at work. I'm 5'5.5" tall and weigh about 174 pounds.

My Goals:

I have never been a dieter, but I need to watch what I eat more. I quit smoking in June of 2013 so I am just trying to shed a few pounds I put on from that. I really don't have a goal weight in mind, I don't like be consumed with a number on the scale or labeled by a dress size. I just want to feel good in my clothes, flatten my tummy and gain some strength. I would like to train for a Spartan Race and would like to participate in the race in October 2014.

I'd love to get some menu ideas, workout ideas and just overall encouragement and competition from this group.
  • kariokey30
    kariokey30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome, what a great goal! Hope to get to Disney when our kiddo is 6.
  • Sapho38
    Options
    Hi, my name is Auriane, I am 75 years old (yes, yes, this is correct). I lost 60 lb in the past 2 1/2 years but gained back 18 which I need to lose if I do not want to buy new clothes again.

I started last Monday at 186.4 lb and my weight this morning was 183.4, very happy with the result.

Start Weight: 186.4
    Weigh In#1: 183.4
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • natschic02
    natschic02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Natalie and I'm 29 years old. I've struggled with weight every day of my life. I've lost 100 pounds since being obese in high school. But since having baby, I've gained some back. I figured a goal of 25 pounds would be great! Currently I'm 5'5 (depending on the doctor measuring) and my weight as of yesterday was 186. I hate it....but April won't be here soon enough and its my 5th wedding anniversary. Got to lose weight before our anniversary vacation!

Start Weight: 186
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • Trae3
    Trae3 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tabitha. My work day mostly consists of sitting down or just standing in place.I am just over 5'2 and weigh 172. My long term goal is to be at 135lbs as this would put me in a healthy bmi range and would be the lowest weight Ive ever maintained. In past diets I have gotten down to 146 before I hit a plateau and "gave up". My highest weight was 198 . That was really hard for me to see so I've slowly been able to get to 172 in the last year. Now im more motivated then ever to work harder!
    Realistically speaking I would love to be around 145 which would be a 27lb loss. My birthday is in May and I will be going on vacation to celebrate. I want to be able to feel great in whatever outfit I wear as well as feel healthy -which is the main motivation for me at this point.

I currently work out at home and am interested in what other routines have worked for people. I also have been looking into different eating lifestyles and have been doing some research on Paleo, herbalife, as well as shredding. I know these are all completely different from one another but If anyone has any info or experience with these things, or anything similar, please share!!

Start Weight: 172
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • salobrau
    salobrau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sara, i am a 44 yr old mother of 2. I work in a library. One might think lifting books would make me strong, but no my arms are still flabby.

Starting weight at the Dr's 168. I've shrunk an inch since last visit and they say i,m now 5'6. I think I'm 5'7 so that's what I enter when calculating BMI.
    Goal 150 but i'd like to see 159 as a first goal.

I
  • sadieemily
    Options
    Hello, I'm Sadie, 32... been overweight my whole life. Having trouble getting past the first 10 pounds. So tired of being overweight

short term goal > weigh under 200 pounds
    long term goal> lose 75-80 pounds

Start Weight: 220
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • nusratumar1604
    nusratumar1604 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lizzie. I am 34 and have a one year old. I am 185lbs and would like to weight 132lbs ideally.
    I plan on going on that slimming world green plan but not through the meetings

Start Weight: 185 lbs
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • AyanDeria
    AyanDeria Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Ayan. I am 20 years old. I am a student at North Hennepin College and I live in Minneapolis, MN.

My goals are to be 155, i don't really care how long it takes me because I am taking it one day at a time. My starting weight was 230 lbs but I am 210 lbs. I want to go traveling this year, I am already going to london and Africa for spring break and I will be living in Hawaii for summer with a friend.

Start Weight: 210

Weigh In#1:

Weigh In#2:

Weigh In#3:

Weigh In#4:
  • CupcakeGangsta
    CupcakeGangsta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Shanna. I am 27 years old. I am 5'6''. I started my weight loss in November 2013. I weighed 154lbs. I am currently 145lbs but fluctuate back and forth between 150 and 145lb often because I struggle with maintaining and stress eating. I have worked in mental health for 6 years and it is stressful at times. In college I weighed between 130-135lbs and felt the healthiest. I struggle with digestive issues and feel my worse when I carry extra weight and feel bloated.

My goals are as follows:
    1) My goal weight is 135lb.
    2) I want to look good in a bikini to enjoy hanging out at the lakes this summer with my husband...wearing no cover up shirt
    3) I want to workout 4 days a week and stick to a solid workout routine.

Start weight: 145lb
    Weigh in #1
    Weigh in #2
    Weigh in #3
    Weigh in #4
  • msdimplesz
    msdimplesz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Arieyona, I'm 20 years old.. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and be back to 146, the weight I was at 17.. I have been 180 lbs for about 2 1/2 years && I really want to get my body back.. After I had my daughter I dropped to 175.. && I planned to lose the weight after I had my baby but I'm a quitter.. : / hopefully I get it together..

Starting weight: 174.8
  • ozuna369
    ozuna369 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Manuel. I am 41 years old and I need to get out of the 200's. At the beginning of the year I was 226 lbs. I am down to 215. Good luck to everyone!

Start Weight: 215
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4:
  • MissSethra
    MissSethra Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I prefer to go by Sethra online. I just join myfitnesspal this evening. I am a 44yo married woman. I am a sahm as we homeschool our two sons. I started my healthier lifestyle on Sept 1st, 2013 when my evil scale screamed 200 lbs at me. I have just slowly accumulated extra weight over the years but that number lit a fire under me. My goal is to hit around the 138 range. I'm currently at 162. Losing inches is just as important as the pound loss. I have been lazy about exercising and need to get on that asap!.

start weight: 162

weigh in #1
    weigh in #2
    weigh in #3
    weigh in #4
  • mykidsrock3
    Options
    My name is Lesley and I am a Mother of 3 (18 yr old, 13 yr old and 4 yr old) plus a step Mom to 2 more(12 and 6). My life is never dull but having to make meals for all the kids and finishing there plates is what I do! I am turning 40 in a week and going to Mexico in August so I NEED to feel and look AWESOME! I currently weigh 150.5 but would love to be 130 by August. Im 5'2. Ive never been motivated enough to lose weight so this time I am REALLY trying. I need all the support I can get!
    I have been taking yoga for the past 6 months. I LOVE IT! I do suffer from depression but have stopped all meds since doing yoga! For the month of February I joined FIT AND FABULOUS at the yoga studio. We are doing Pilates and Boot camp each once a week. Im hoping this helps in the weight lose goal I have set for myself.
    Any inexpensive meal ideas are welcome!
    Good luck everyone!
  • mykidsrock3
    Options
    It seems we have similar weigh ins and goals! Except for my age(IM ALMOST 40)! Please let me know any ideas that seem to be working for you in weight lose! I have a very busy life and need quick meal ideas! Good Luck!
  • carmatthews
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Am happy I found this group - what a great idea!

My goals include:

- 1200 calories/day
    - Stationary bike 3 days/week
    - Do something active on the weekend with my partner and dog - go for a long walk, XC skiing etc.
    - Lose +10 pounds

Start Weight: 140.4
    Weigh In#1:
    Weigh In#2:
    Weigh In#3:
    Weigh In#4: