Block 1 Progress

Options
maxiefit
maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
Tell me if this makes sense.
So at the end of Block 1, I've lost 2.4lbs, reduced my body fat by 2%, but have lost no inches at all.
Is that possible? It doesn't seem possible to me.
What do you guys think?

Replies

• groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring the body fat reduction? If you are using calipers or anything like that, then its obviously reading that inches are off. I have found, in the Army especially, that people rarely measured in the exact same spot, especially for hips and waist, or kept their clothes on, and so that can affect measurements.
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I've only lost about 4 pounds at the end of Block 1. I think the weight loss is ok. Are your clothes fitting any differently?
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring the body fat reduction? If you are using calipers or anything like that, then its obviously reading that inches are off. I have found, in the Army especially, that people rarely measured in the exact same spot, especially for hips and waist, or kept their clothes on, and so that can affect measurements.

I'm using calipers, but you're right that I'm probably not measuring in the same spot every time. The body fat reduction is the one I'm most skeptical about; because I doubt I could have dropped 2% in a month with my somewhat crappy diet.

I'll have to find another way to track my bf. Or mark myself to make sure I use the same spot every time!
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I'm using calipers, but you're right that I'm probably not measuring in the same spot every time. The body fat reduction is the one I'm most skeptical about; because I doubt I could have dropped 2% in a month with my somewhat crappy diet.

I'll have to find another way to track my bf. Or mark myself to make sure I use the same spot every time!

You could always get a P90X3 Tattoo and measure that spot every time :)
  • vpanuccio
    vpanuccio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am one week one of Block two. I did notice some visible changes and feel of clothes fitting but I gained 5lbs. Has anyone actually gained weight so far?I love the program and I keep all my calories below or at my suggested limit for me it was 2700 but with fitness pal I was suggested about 2300 for weight loss. When I did P90X last year I was 30lbs heavier and in poor shape with alot more body fat. After P90X I lost 25lbs but since then even with X2 and T25 I have not been able to see the dramatic fat burning weight loss. I do think I am on the right track though because although the scale went up my overall appearance looks better so I hope the weight is muscle.
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost four pounds and then gain five pounds. My core is MUUUUUCH stronger though, I can see that the shape has changed on my back and stomach. I'm not too worried about it.

The less you have to lose, frequently, the less drastic your results, and the harder you have to work. But that's part of the fun :D
  • joliemoraitis
    Options
    I'm in the transition week of Block 1 and weighed myself and to my surprise, I gained 4lbs. Yuck!! So I took my measurements again and lost a total of 8.5" all over. So with that said, muscle does weigh more and eventually my body will start shedding the weight and any extra water I'm holding onto. We shall see, trying not to get discouraged by the scale.
  • michael_j_w
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of block 1 and have gained 2-4 lb. But I look more toned and my clothes do fit better! I have seen lots of instances where slight weight gain is "normal." I'd like to hear if more people experienced something similar?
  • michmich68
    michmich68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's temporary. Here's an excellent article by Chalene Johnson about it:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan