Vitamin Question.... and General Questions....

Options
bbhofmann
bbhofmann Posts: 12 Member
Which brand are you taking for Bipass Surgery? Their are so many out there.... Looking for the best for the price..... Just don't want to assume to take what the Bariatric Center has.... I've been doing some Web searching and their are quite a few out there....

I'm almost done with all the appointments, just have to go to my GP (scheduled for next week) to get my Letter of Medical Necessity; all other tests / doctors have been seen, waiting for approval from they phycologist... Next going to see surgeon and schedule the surgery..... :) It's been a long process but will be so worthwhile. I'm a little nervous about the surgery.... all else I can handle.... any Advice out there???? What you wish you would have known before.... etc.... any comment is welcome. Thanks.... Also you may friend me, as I do not have many MFP who are going through this process.... Thanks again....

Replies

• Alaska476
    Options
    Surgery is very easy. had sleeve surgery in June, 2013. Fast, painless and so worth it. I have lost 147 lbs since my surgery. For vitamins and protein, I use Unjury. It is medical grade protein mix and is offered in about 3 flavors. Also, they have a high protein chicken soup broth and a cheese sauce. All are wonderful. Average about 21 grams of protein per scoop. I have a scoop of chocolate in the morning coffee and it provide morning protein like the shakes they recommend.

As for vitamins, Unjury has vitamins for all the various bariatric surgery's plus for cancer patients, etc. I have been taken theirs since my surgery and am very please. Unjury.com

Good luck and selecting the surgery will be the best decision you ever made.

Gene
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also had the gastric sleeve. The only powder protein I could tolerate was Unjury. I like the vanilla and chocolate splendor. My Nutritionist recommended using a magic bullet and she was so right. I don't know why but using the magic bullet really makes the shakes so much better than other blenders.
    I have been taking Celebrate chewable calcium(find it cheaper on ebay) and everything else OTC (chewable Flinstone multi, any brand Vit. D, B & fish oil).
    I am very glad that I chose the Sleeve, but have not been as successful with my weight loss as I probably would have been with the bypass. It is a personal choice. Good luck to you whichever procedure you decide on.
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greetings! Hope all is going well and much success to you. For vitamins, I take the Bariatric Fusion. I had the gastric bypass surgery switch and these vitamins have been a true blessing. No problem keeping well nourished. They don't taste that bad either.