Serious pain just above my stomach

Options
I have severe pain right above my stomach like something is stuck there. It's been 3 solid days now. I talked to my doctor yesterday and they said u probably didn't chew well enough or I ate too much or too fast. He prescribed Carafate but so far it's not helping. I have had similar symptoms but never lasting this long. I barely got half a shake down yesterday and every thing I drank caused it to flare. So far today is the same. I've managed 3 drinks of a shake but it hurts so bad I just can't drink anymore. Has anyone else had this where it lasts this long? I'm kind of freaking out.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    One of the ladies in my support group had to have an endoscopy twice for stuck chicken. The chicken was wadded up like a walnut and just wouldn't go down. I am 11 weeks out and still eat tiny bites of meat with a veg that I chew forever. Chicken is the worst, wants to mat right up. So Yesterday put a bite of chick on fork with sauteed spinach. This seems to prevent the matting and moistens it enough. All meat that isn't ground gives me trouble. Good luck
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was experiencing pain above my stomach and it felt like something was stuck. This lasted a while and even when I was swallowing water the feeling was there. I was told that it was swelling. When I started introducing mushy foods it causes my incisions to become aggravated and start to swell. As I healed more the feeling went away around 3 weeks (getting better as time went). It helped me to make sure that the food I ate was very moist. Stay aware of it and if you think that it is serious then insist that your doctor does something about it. There is no shame if it turns out to be nothing. This is new for us and wanting to be sure that we are ok is normal.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Call your surgeon and stay on liquids. If your surgeon isn't helpful, you may need to go to the ER for additional workup.