Things are FINALLY happening

Options
SO... I have been watching what I was consuming daily, and going on walks for months now, and I did loose 10 lbs pretty fast, but then it was like I was halted. I would yo yo from day to day.. but I couldn't seem to stay under the 200 mark for more than a day or two before it would rocket back up above. For the past 5 days things are FINALLY moving in the right direction and I feel like the hard work i've been putting in for months is finally starting to pay off. I'm currently down 13 lbs and am excited to see more weight fall off :).

I was wondering, have any of you gone through this? Where no matter what you do things just don't do anything or go anywhere? I was beginning to scratch my head and think.. maybe i can't do this with out diet pills or some unhealthy diet. (thank goodness i put that out of my head and just kept walking daily).

What are you doing to loose the weight? for me, i monitor my food intake daily and I have been a walking machine. Since I have 2 smaller children (6 and 2) I find things I can do along side them. It's been great for our relationships, and they love the walks to the park near by. (I'm almost at 50 miles this month alone... yay ).

Im eager to hear stories of how things are going for you :)

Replies

• hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress you are making. Just keep at it. And I am glad you didn't listen to your head with taking pills or anything else unhealthy.

Logging my food and walking are my two things I do as well. I started last summer and I lost 20lbs fast. Then winter came around (I live in So Cal so no excuse for not going outside and walking) and I have stalled. I gain a couple pounds and then lose it so I have maintained for the most part. It is hard with all the amazing goodies that go around during the holidays.

I got a dog the beginning of December and now I am forced to walk twice a day (before and after work) so it is great motivation to go out and exercise my dog. Before we got him I would walk with my kids (10 and 2) but it wasn't a big deal if we skipped a day.

I am getting back on track with smaller portions and I am hoping to start seeing that scale go down. I have my second 5K in february so I need to get out and run more.

I don't have much left to lose until I reach my goal so my body is making me do more than I used to and I wish I could go back to dropping it fast but I need to keep focused. Treat every day as an oppertunity to be that much closer to my goal.

We got this girl! :wink:
  • MrsMck22
    MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it and not listening to your head :) I'm glad things are moving again for you and I hope they keep going in the right direction.

I stalled for ages and had the same ideas as you, maybe it's my body, maybe the doctors are right, maybe this, maybe that. I just had to ignore my head (gosh it's dangerous getting inside your own head hey!!) and plow through. I still go up and down, but I'm the lightest I've been right now and I'm just proud of that. The scales etc with catch up with me eventually. I log everything I eat (even the bad stuff) and at the moment I've started a new record of exercising for 11 days straight. I started a boot camp with the ladies at work, I go to water aerobics with my Mum and boxfit class on the weekends and ten pin bowling. I just make sure I make every day as active as I can, which is easy at the moment coz I'm on holidays and my daughter is keen to do fun things on the holidays too.

We need to celebrate the good things we're doing and you guys sound like you're doing amazingly!! :)

Good luck and keep moving forward!
  • darina24gordonfan24
    Options
    I was just in So Cal last week.. we took my boys (6 and 2) to Disneyland and Seaworld. As you can imagine I gained weight on my vacation (6 lbs) but in just the 2 days since coming back I've already lost 1.5 of that.. so it will come off quickly i'm assuming :). I have really tried to get out and walk daily, because living in Utah I know that the snow is coming.. and come it has... so I might be stuck in the house for a few days. But am excited that I've walked over 60 miles in just a month and 4 days. :) I made a deal with myself that for every mile I walked I am going to put $1 into a jar, and once i hit my goal weight.. I get to go out and spend my hard earned money on whatever I want (even $150 pants if I want them). That is helping motivate me now to get in as many miles as I can daily so I can SPEND SPEND SPEND.

do you have any little motivators that you use to keep you going?
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm going to do that! I need something to motivate me every day. I have a long term goal and a vacation coming up in a month but I really need something to keep me going every day and money is a good motivator!. Thanks for sharing! I think I'm also gonna start putting money in the jar after every time I talk myself out of buying a latte or fast food, I'll be rich in no time!