Could use some breastfeeding MFP friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nursing a 18 month old here....I've lost my baby weight (I didn't have much to lose) but I got pregnant on the higher side of my weight anyways...yay....so i'm still struggling...it's hard to find a balance when you're starving all the time...

I work full time, still pump at work, nurse on demand and through the night....GOOD TIMES!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything, but i would love to lose between 20 and 30 pounds.... HALP!!!
  • erica6623
    erica6623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!! I need some motivation! My second is 2 months and my first is 2 years next week. :)
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm bfing my 16mo old and just starting to be more active and lose weight. i'm a single mama so I have to find ways to include the adorable little troll face in my adventures. we have always done a lot of walking and hike but i have recently started jogging.

It's had to know the balance of cutting enough calories to lose weigh,but keep it high enough for supply.

Glad you're all here for support.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    BF my 5 week old been difficult I have a lot of opposition
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BF my 5 week old been difficult I have a lot of opposition

Who would oppose a mother feeding her baby. That's horrible. you're doing your best for baby. If there are no medical issues to interfere with nursing, and you are doing well as far as mental and emotional health, then keep going. screw em'. you are a so strong mama. you're doing great.

If you have any questions or need more support check out Le Leche League (LLL) and find a group in your area. or, the website kellymom.com has a ton of helpful info from A-Z

Bfing can be really awkward to start, just between you and baby, to find your comfortable positions. follow your instincts.
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @ldrosophilia - Also, to add to foxytrotter82, if you are on Facebook check out the page "Breast is Best". They have been so helpful for me.
  • sjs0108
    sjs0108 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    EBF my 11m old little boy. Plus I have a 5yo girl and a 3yo boy. Brand new to the site...would love to make some new friends who also B.C. :) feel free to add me. Thanks!
  • cdnkitty
    cdnkitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my third baby who is 3.5months - I nursed her brother until he was 2. I've lost all my pregnancy weight but am still carrying an extra 20- 30lbs from before I had babies. I don't seem to lose easily while nursing but I really want to drop the weight.
  • meghankumar
    Options
    Hello!

So great to see all the great support!

I'm breastfeeding my 3-month baby boy. I just started using the MyFitnessPal app and I'm looking for moms to join me and become friends on the app to share and motivate each other via the newsfeed. If you are interested, add me using my email, meghan.m.mcginty@gmail.com. I really need the support and motivation! I hope to see you there! Thank you!

A little about my fitness goals. My top priority is a healthy milk supply for my little guy. I also want to fit into my favorite jeans and feel good about my fitness ASAP. My goal is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, 120 lbs. I'm currently weighing 138lbs. I'd like to loose 1-1.5 lbs per week. I have very little opportunity for exercise so I'm counting calories. The app determined I'm allowed 1200 calories and I add 500 calories for breastfeeding. I just started but could use the shared experience to motivate me. Thank you again!
    Meghan
  • shawnaokane_3
    Options
    Currently breastfeeding my six month old daughter and have four other children. Would love to add some other breastfeeding moms and moms with multiple children to my friends list for support!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I breastfeed a 2.5 month old girl and have a 3.5 year old girl, as well!

I have lost all 19 lbs I gained from pregnancy already and then some! I range about 3200 calories/day (and all exercies calories, if applicable) and have maintained fantastic milk supply.

I could really use some more breastfeeding mommas as friends! Support, support, support! (:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am still BFing my very active 12mo toddler! I'm about 1/3 of the way through Part 1 of t journey (weight loss) but afterwards will be maintaining an active, healthy lifestyle for myself & for my son :-)
  • msshelbelle
    msshelbelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommas! I'm bf my 5th child who is 7 months old right now. Feel free to add me!