Sleeved on Wednesday

Options
Liz_C82
Liz_C82 Posts: 1 Member
I was just sleeved on Wednesday, released from the hospital Thursday and my first full day at home today. I feel like I can do anything when I take the pain medicine, but I know I need to slowly back off it. I hope the healing process goes as well as it has been going... I've heard some bad stories and some great stories. I'm just going to sip sip sip on water and walk walk walk and get my protein in.

Do you guys have any suggestions that I can do to help out the healing process and getting my water and protein in?

Replies

• Ninal1018
    Options
    I can't help you, sorry. But I wanted to wish you good luck. :flowerforyou: (They need a thumbs up smiley)
  • happyandhealthy4life
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great. Just take it easy and keep sipping!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any suggestions that I can do to help out the healing process and getting my water and protein in?

Water --non carbonated. Sip cups 2 TBS size --every ten minutes.

Protien-- clear liquid could be Isopure, or Protein Ice drink...again sip these
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I went home on regular Tylenol 500mg 3x a day and did fine. I am allergic to pain meds. I just moved slowly holding my abdomen for 2 days and then went back to work. At work I just moved slowly and I kept my liquids next to me at all times. 1st 5days are the worst. I am a side sleeper so the sleep loss was the biggest irritant. If you get the water and protein in you can experience some amazing wt loss. If you fall behind you will likely stall.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Water with electrolytes, like G2 particularly early on when you'll be struggling to get your fluids.
    Syntrax Nectar protein products that mix with water. They have several flavors that water-mix and you can sip on all day. This was much easier for me to get down than milky, rich shakes and is still my go-to protein.
    I didn't take the narcotics. Chewed a few Tylenol Jr every few hours for the first few days. My be a good way to transition off narcotics too.
    Walk as much as possible.
  • teachren
    Options
    Congrats on getting your sleeve. It's a pretty awesome tool if you use it correctly..you can get some amazing results.

If you don't have it already..Unjury chicken soup was a god send for me the first month. You have to order it online from their website...google Unjury. It's a broth that actually tastes good with 20 g of protein in a cup. I would just make one with warm water (not boiling or the protein clumps) and sip on it until finished...then get another one made.

I second Bikrchk's suggestion of Syntrax Nectar. I use Roadside Lemonade mixed with water during workouts and wished I had found it earlier during my first month. Again...order it online from Amazon in the US or in Canada www.thelowcarbgrocery.com has it.

Isopure has a lot of protein in it and I purchased a lot preop to prepare for my first month but I found I couldn't get it in unless I mixed it with water. So I would use a 20 oz water bottle, put about 8-10 oz of Isopure in it and then the rest with ice and water. I found that the Isopure left an odd "fuzzy" feeling on my tongue but it was drinkable as long as I watered it down.

Good luck...

I saw on OH that you were looking for diaries to lurk in. Feel free to add me as a friend my diary is open. I am almost 9 months out but you can scroll way back in my diary and look at what I was eating in May and June of 2013 to coincide with your needs right now.

Cheers
  • kayc6670
    Options
    I was sleeved 2/3/14 and doing well. I drink the chocolate and chicken unjury and they are both great. I also like watered down cranberry juice. Good luck I'm down 8 lbs since surgery and many more to go
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Find a protein drink you like, try lots of them. I am more of a savory person so the stuff they gave me in the hospital was hard for me to drink. But once home the protein infused chicken and beef broth I got from the doctor's office was great and I lived on that until I was able to transition to pureed foods. I am 2.5 years out and can tell you that my tummy still prefers ground meat to say a piece of chicken or steak. And everything needs to be moist or I get a stuck feeling. Everyone is different and you will find what works best for you. This is a great tool! So happy for you!