Your Progress: Success or Struggles!!

Options
What have you accomplished so far:drinker: ? Any success:bigsmile: ? Any struggles:sad: ?
Share with us to figure out a solution! Or to help someone else!

Submit:
SW-Srart weight
CW-Current weight
TWL-Total weight lost

Good luck to us :smile:

Hannah:wink:

Replies

• mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So looks like im the first one to post on this!!! :-)

SW - 280LB
    CW - 209LB
    TWL - 71LB

Biggest struggle for me was to keep going when I maintained or even gained. So far I have been dieting and exercising for 13months and its been a hard slog. I have know people who has lost close to double this in the same time which was dishearting but I had to remind my self that I am doing the best I can and I would rather lose weight slowly (averaging 1.6lb a week)

My weakness is sweets and crisps so I thought id stick a picture up on the cupboard of me at my biggest to stop me from reaching for things I shouldnt be having! Also i would HIGHLY recommend taking pictures at your heaviest frontal pics/side pic and back pics. I love compairing from first pics to now! Also keep measuring inches as weight doesnt always drop as quick as you would like but you may lose more inches than lbs.

Most importantly think of how far you have come already and take it a stone at a time (or 14lb at a time)

Excuse being half naked but hers my First ever pictures!!!! I will NEVER get to this again!!!!

IMAG0340_zpsdf33993e.jpg

IMAG0342_zpsf849bae6.jpg

IMAG0339_zps3228f759.jpg
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty Mrsward! And I'm so happy and proud how brave you are! You inspired me dear! We can do it for sure!

My Story:

I never been on a diet or plan in my life before! I always ate what I wanted! Never second thought a meal or a sweet! I love sweet so much!!!!! I can live on ice cream cake or hot cake with melted chocolate! The only two things I don't like are Donuts and Chips like lize!

So, I need your help and suggestions! Because I really want to get healthy and get back to running and playing! I used to run and play for 4 to 5 hours!! I'm 26 yrs but still feel young and want to have kids to play with them and be their model!

SW - 290 lbs
    CW - 290 lbs
    TWL - NONE but gonna CHANGE SOON!!

I'm going to buy a camera and post some pics of me but I can't post pics half nude due to believes and religions!
  • rbealynnh
    rbealynnh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SW - 217 lbs
    CW - 196 lbs
    TWL - 21 lbs

My biggest struggle is staying motivated when I haven't lost a pound in several weeks. I also have a hard time avoiding salty and crunchy foods!!
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SW - 308 (January 1st)
    CW- 289
    TWL - 19 LBS
  • bev7366
    bev7366 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did really well up till last year as i lost 70 but having a new partner and being happy i put weight back on not as much as id lost tho. My biggest struggle is eating regularly 3 meals a day as i tend to only eat 1 and thats in the eve if i remember to eat at all. so today is the 1st day of proper eating.

SW 199
    CW 199
    TWL 0

Its great to be part of a group of lovely people who are all on the same mission to lose weight healthily. THANKYOU.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Total Weight Lost: 10 lbs
    ((Just leaving it at this so people don't get on me about stuffies))

I think that my main struggle that started this all was that after eating, I would feel sick. No matter how much I ate, I felt as though I'd throw up immediately. Because of that I started limiting myself, to prevent that terrible feeling from arising too often.
    Since then I have dropped 10 pounds.

I don't know how to post a picture, otherwise I would. :/

But my profile pic is me, hahah.
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty Mrsward! And I'm so happy and proud how brave you are! You inspired me dear! We can do it for sure!

My Story:

I never been on a diet or plan in my life before! I always ate what I wanted! Never second thought a meal or a sweet! I love sweet so much!!!!! I can live on ice cream cake or hot cake with melted chocolate! The only two things I don't like are Donuts and Chips like lize!

So, I need your help and suggestions! Because I really want to get healthy and get back to running and playing! I used to run and play for 4 to 5 hours!! I'm 26 yrs but still feel young and want to have kids to play with them and be their model!

SW - 290 lbs
    CW - 290 lbs
    TWL - NONE but gonna CHANGE SOON!!

I'm going to buy a camera and post some pics of me but I can't post pics half nude due to believes and religions!

Thank you! To be honest its taken along time for me to actually feel proud about where i have come from!. One of worse things for me was starting to exercise so if uve been active before that will be a great help! cant wait to see how you get on! xx
  • avm1962
    Options
    Having a positive start to my week - I wont weigh in until Friday as I get to disheartened if the scales dont move.
    Bought a Fitbit and finding that very motivating. Been on my treadmill in between working - scored my 10,000 steps for the day.
    My daily treat - cucumber gin and tonic - tall glass, slice of lime, can of slimline tonic and a 25 ml of Cucumber Gin for only 66 cals - Traded in my wine for this (like my red wine tooooo much!) -
    How is everyone's day so far?
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am starting this now at 220 (was 270). I am hoping to lose 50 more pounds total but hope to lose 20-30 during this challenge. I am 5'1 and almost 34 years old!!
  • nstevens37
    nstevens37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring!! Thanks for sharing mrsward!
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2 Female 48 years old.
    SW-Start weight = 205
    CW-Current weight = 197
    TWL-Total weight lost = 8

I just started on 1/12/2014 and had cut some calories prior to that so feeling better that my stomach needs seem to be shrinking.
    My biggest hurdle right now is going to the club and doing the weights. The one hour orientation turned into like a timeshare presentation with the focus on high pressure tactics to hire the trainer 1-3x per week which I can't afford right now and he basically didn't give me any information on how to DIY because he quickly adjusted everything without showing me how. So, I feel like I don't know how to set up and use the weight equipment which is intimidating. I'm going to start looking for some youtube videos to acclimate myself and then definitely will ask others but I can't stand in line at the counter every time and then it cuts into my workout time. I have used weights before so I kind of know good form, but it's been awhile and the set up of some of the equipment has changed. It's really just the part of approaching the equipment with the feeling that people are watching me and trying to figure out how to move the seat and other parts to fit a shorty like me that makes me feel out of place and de-motivated. If anyone has any books, apps, or youtube video's to recommend to help me past this part, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and trying really hard to log everyday and exercise most. I've been on MFP for one month.

SW-Start weight = 230 (was 238 last spring)
    CW-Current weight = 216.5
    TWL-Total weight lost = 13.5 on MFP

It is difficult for me to get enough protein. I love meat but it is hard for breakfast since I don't have time to cook most mornings and lunch is even harder. I've been doing a lot of protein bars, but they tend to only have 10 grams of protein. I could use more. I'm not a huge poultry lover, so that hurts, too, since that is so diet friendly. I really love to cook, but don't just for me. So I eat out all the time. That makes it a little harder. I do better with a higher protein and carbs from veggies although I do miss bread and potatoes.

The one thing I am learning to love again is exercise! I've been really persistent and have upped my original goal of 5 days a week to 6 days a week because I enjoy it so much. I've also started counting my steps and strive for 10,000 a day (with or without cardio). Don't always make it, but have. Depends what my workday looks like.

If I have one struggle, it is going to someone else's house to eat. It is hard to plan because you don't always know what they will have. I am going out-of-town this coming weekend overnight to attend a birthday party for an old friend. It will probably be catered or potluck-type dishes. Will want a drink or two, too. Tough for me to figure calories like that. Don't want to sit looking up every bite on the mobile app. My thought will be to just keep the plate looking light, I guess.

P.S. You are all inspiring. Big losses or small, you spur me on!
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    On your morning protein, i really like canadian bacon with a thin slices of cabott's sharp light cheese on either a wheat bagel (just half) or in 1/2 wheat pita. I toast the bread, microwave the cheese/canadian bacon and then also eat a fruit and feel very good starting the day with protein and something fairly filling. Add egg to it and you have even more protein. I eat a lot of lefftover chicken or pork sliced thin in pita pockets for lunch. Best of luck to you!
  • joan3044
    joan3044 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SW 183
    CW 181
    GW 155

Started a week ago.

Today has been a good day....now if I can not eat between now and bed!:smile:

I was not hungry much....very unusual for me! I went to a 45 minute intense workout class, and am closing in on 10,000 steps on my fit bit.

Oh, and I listened to a motivational tape on youtube. I'm trying everything! Something's gotta change.
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am exercising but it is so hard with big chest!
    Ladies I can't find any good workout bra that fit well and not hurt my neck and shoulders!!!
    Any suggestions?

Bra Size 42 DDD!!
  • joan3044
    joan3044 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Re: bras. Gave up on workout bras a long time ago. Trained for and ran a marathon wearing my regular, sturdy, minimizer underwire x 2. Just put one bra right over the other. Let me know if it works for you, too.
  • aapmal
    aapmal Posts: 11
    Options
    SW: 246
    CW: 235
    TWL: 11 LBS

I started about 2 1/2 weeks ago. In my first week of just changing the way I ate without exercise I lost my first 8 pounds. This is my first week with MFP and I've been able to drop an additional 3 pounds by logging and keeping within my calories and also incorporating exercise. So far, so good! I really hope to have a motivational success story to tell like so many of you already do because it's really inspired me and I would one day like to say I helped inspired someone else to start their journey to a healthier life. I do have to admit I eat what I want as long as I keep it within my allotted calories and I have no problem with that because moderation is key. I'm still learning what to do and what not to do, so hopefully all in due time :)
  • Rebstoff14
    Rebstoff14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh I will have to try that cucumber gin and tonic, I love my red wine also but trying to find something that I can have instead - thanks!
  • Rebstoff14
    Rebstoff14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW: 179
    CW: 175
    TWL: 4

Hi everyone, I am feeling so inspired reading all your posts - its so nice to have group support. I started my journey two weeks ago - the day after the superbowl (we Bronco fans won't talk much about that)... :( - anyway I had ordered the Usana Reset cleansing diet to start and was a little nervous because I love to eat and didn't know how I would do a week without food. To my surprise it was real easy, the three shakes a day and two snack bars in betwee,n I never felt hungry. At the end of it I had dropped 4 pounds so I felt that it was a great start to my weight loss journey, as it really made me look at food in a different light.

My goal is to do 1-2 hours at the gym 5 times a week burning about 600 - 700 cals and then keeping myself at a 1200 calorie intake - so far this has been perfect for me! I feel like I am always eating (a lot healthier for sure) and never feeling hungry and coming under my allotment everyday....so I will see what the scale registers this Saturday on my weigh in day and see if I need to adjust from there.

I have a once in a lifetime cruise that I am going on with my family to celebrate my 20 year wedding anniversary with my husband and my oldest daughter's HS graduation, so looking forward to that and my goal is to be down 20 pounds at least by then, so thanks for this thread and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!
  • avm1962
    Options
    Oh I will have to try that cucumber gin and tonic, I love my red wine also but trying to find something that I can have instead - thanks!

If you dont have a pub measure - use a medicine measure - the little plastic ones that come with various pharmacy bottles. The Gin I use is Gordons Crisp Cucumber - nice with muddled cucumber too ;-)
This discussion has been closed.