Introduction

Options
Hi! I thought I'd start this so we could talk to each other through message boards. Sometimes we might need a little extra support. Although I'm seeing results, it's definitely not easy. I have to take it one day at a time! :wink:

Replies

• christygb
    christygb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing Optifast 70 through Kaiser. What version of Optifast are you doing? I've faced a number of social situations so far, and have been able to weather them without going off of my program. Frankly, the threat of getting out of ketosis is the biggest motivation not to stray.
  • kjbush1213
    kjbush1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Christy, I'm doing Optifast 800. I wonder what the difference is. I'm trying to keep my social things down to a minimum. It hasn't been too bad, although I'm still craving food. At least I'm not nauseous anymore. Good luck to you!
  • seamom
    seamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Week two on meal replacement is half way done. I haven't put myself into any touch social situation. I did have a meeting at the district office and had to sit across people who were eating yummy looking burritos. I wasn't hungry so it wasn't too torturous. I think if I wasn't making progress or was on another program I would have relented and taken up a burrito. This week has been better as I don't feel as hungry as I did the first week. I wonder if that is related to ketosis. Journaling is really helping me with my emotional attachment to food. I still find weekends a trifle difficult, not because I am hungry or craving, just that I associate with "rewards" for a hard week. Keeping up with the distracting techniques such as drinking water and moving around or just going to the gym. I love that the little amount of weight I have lost this week is allowing me to put on some clothes I haven't been able to wear comfortable (I have three wardrobes it seems, but nothing that doesn't have a double digit in the size). I hope you have a successful week (as you define success of course). Keep on moving!:laugh:
  • christygb
    christygb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi KJ and seamom,

With Optifast 70 I eat only 5 shakes for a total of 420 calories per day. I can also have 2 servings of low sodium chicken broth, which I usually do once per day (twice per day on the weekends). So far I haven't been hungry either. I think it is the ketosis, and actually that whole thing keeps me true blue on this plan. I would hate to go through the fatigue and muddled brain again if I cheated and needed to go back on the program - LOL.

I've had quite a few social situations now, even had the burrito meeting at work! (we must both live in CA!) But with my friends and family I've been able to be honest. Some people at work know, and some don't. I'm not broadcasting it. Like you mentioned Seamom, it sure is motivating to see the results and have scale and non-scale victories to celebrate!

I hope you ladies have a great week! Cheers, Christy
  • seamom
    Options
    Hi ladies, My Optifast program allows for six products a day for a total of six! Wow, I don't know how I could survive on only four! I get to have at least one soup a day if we desire (as part of the six) and we get to choose yummy meal bars instead of just shakes for meal replacement. Christy, is your program also medically supervised? I have to go to Kaiser once a week for blood pressure and weigh in. I actually ventured into the lunch room today.Not even focusing on how long I am going to be on meal replacements. I am concerned about boredom. My grandson should be arriving any day now - he is my motivation to make this life change. Hope you courageous women have a successful and stress free week (or the stress is manageable). :flowerforyou:
  • seamom
    Options
    Week two down and now into week three. It is getting easier, thankfully. The hunger has passed and the routine is established. I still have to get more steps in per day and exercise me per week, but I am hopeful that will come as I gradually get back into the routine of exercising regularly. My grandson was born on Thursday, February 13! He is so incredibly beautiful and I am already in love with him. Again, he is my main motivation. He needs a grandma who is fit and healthy and will be ALIVE for his many years. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy belated Valentine's Day.:heart:
  • NorCal_Kindred_Spirit
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Staci and I live in Sacramento, CA. I have been on the Kaiser Weight Loss Program since October 5th. My start weight was 220 and as on 01/28 I weight 180.

I joined this program not just to lose weight but to learn skills to better care for myself. I will be 57 on February 6th and want to have a healthy long life.

I look forward to meeting and interacting with you. Staci 🤟