Hello- New to Group

Options
Hey all! My name is Makena..T1, dx @ 4yrs..now 27yrs. Struggling with weight loss most of my life..very tough. I am so much better now with bs levels...but again, weight loss doesn't want to happen..looking for support, feedback, and ideas..as most of you may find, those that are not Type1..dont get it..at all, even doctors..when it comes to weight loss and T1. So hello to everyone!

I also work very hard each year to raise $$ for the JDRF walk that takes place in my town. Please stop by my page and LIKE
https://www.facebook.com/MAKENASHOPEFORACUREJDRF?ref=hl

Anyways,
so I am on a 1500 cal diet for now..trying to reset my body..Ive recently looked into Venus Index..very cool info :-) Any good weight loss tips, tricks, foods used when craving something, ect...
Is it true, the lower the insulin dosage, better weight loss?
Please, anything will help...maybe something your doing that is successful that i have not tried or am doing..

Anyone else here get T1 at about my age and is same age as me?

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    most T1's have issues dropping weight. It took me over a year to lose candy!
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

Curious,

What do you eat?
    How many carbs per day?
    Types and amount of insulin used daily?
  • bakermomof3
    Options
    Hello, I was also diagnosed young, I was 8. In fact, I have an older sister who was 4 and a younger sister who was 6. Lucky my other brother and sister didn't get it!! Although, I hear it's not that common for siblings to all get it anyways!!
    I take levemir and novolog and a year ago I was taking 45 units of levemir every night and when I changed my eating habits, going from a lot of processed food to mostly raw, I had to keep decreasing that amount. I'm down to 15 units at night now and I think I might have to lower it again because I've been waking up in the middle of the night with lows lately. I guess I should add that a year ago I was 170 and I'm down to 143, trying to get to 120.
    I keep my diary open if you want to friend me.