366lbs to 266lbs -what is working for me

Options
366to266
366to266 Posts: 473 Member
My current regime, on which I am never hungry, feel great, and am losing 1.5 to 2lb a week.

Breakfast - (almost) zero carb and high fat fish or meat. Example: pickled herring with double cream, tin of tuna with mayonnaise, cooked ham, chicken thigh, Polish sausage. Pint of tea - either fruit, lemon or Indian tea with milk. (if milk use soy milk, lower carb).

Main meal (around 2 to 4pm): Big bowl of low carb and high fat salad (different types of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, sweet peppers, olives, onion, red and white cabbage, a LITTLE carrot or beetroot) drizzled with lemon or lime juice, plenty of good olive oil, and mayonnaise. Served with 200g-300g of high fat fish or meat. Example: prawns, white fish, tuna, haddock, sardine, mackerel, pilchard, salmon, chicken, ham, gammon, hamburger. Pint of tea as above.

Dinner (if needed) - same as breakfast.

Snack if needed (I rarely need) - hard boiled eggs mashed in mayonnaise. Tin of tuna mashed in mayonnaise. Pint of tea.

Supplements - ten nutritional pills a day, from St John's Wort to a multivitamin, Vit C, ALA, magnesium, potassium, chromium, and other stuff (I forgot what they are LOL)

Mostly I am having breakfast around 9am, main meal at around 5pm and nothing till the next day breakfast (because I am not hungry).

I think this comes to about 1600-1800 calories and about 20 to 30 carbs a day.

Exercise

One hour of aquazumba, 3 or 4 times a week. Small bits of walking, gently building up to longer distances over time.

For the past 9 days I have eaten no meat - only fish. I worried that it would not be as sustaining or filling as meat, but I feel great on it -- and not hungry at all!

Replies

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    That's a hell of a lot of fat by way of oil and mayonnaise there. I would worry about cholesterol levels.

Why no carbs? Where's the fresh fruit, nuts etc? Variety gives the best nutrition.

I started a pound heavier than you and can assure you that you don't need to cut out everything to make good progress.

• 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    After August I tried the "everything in moderation" diet.

I have gained 11lb.

So now I am back on the original high fat low carb diet that caused me to lose 31lb last year!