day one of Pre-op

Options
klh193
klh193 Posts: 18 Member
okay..... its day one of my pre-op diet (all clear liquids) and its going to be a long two weeks. My stomach has been growling all day. Any tips on making it thru this? I just keep telling myself others have done it....I can too

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to do a pre-op diet, so I have no real advice as to how to get through this, but like you said, others have done it, you can totally do it too! This must be exciting for you, prepping for the surgery!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello jigglers
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Lots of sugar free Jello, Pudding and Italian Ices. Hang in there.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. The pre-op diet was much tougher than surgery or recovery for me. It seems like forever but it will be over really soon and you'll be on the losers' bench!
  • hollymedic
    Options
    When you feel hungry, drink. Water (flavored or not, depending on preference) and broth really helps too. I found some great new broth flavors in my supermarket by Swanson, Thai Ginger and Hot and Sour soup. Really helps. I'm a week post op.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My pre op diet consisted of protein infused shakes, soups and meals from my surgeon's office. All part of their non-surgical weight loss program. I didn't do all liquids until a few days before. That extra protein really helps with the hunger.
  • klh193
    klh193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for advise.. just experiencing some mild headaches, but I was expecting this. I knew the first several days were going to be a doozie. I just keep looking ahead.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    if you can drink milk the Kroger carbmaster skim milk has 11g of protein