The Lego Movie

Options
spud_chick
spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
Husband and I--by ourselves--went to see this and really enjoyed it. Anyone else caught it?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    not yet but I am going to try to see it tomorrow.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband, his family and my 3 year old saw it Saturday. It was......awesome!!
  • batesmama
    batesmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Saw it Friday!!!! The hubs and I took our 2 boys and we loved it as much as they did. Went home and played with Legos afterward.:happy:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My 19yo and I went to the theater but it was sold out and we would have had to wait 2 hours and we were like No, so we left. IDK when we will go now.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    We went to a 7pm show for 3D, figuring the time and price would mean the fewest small children. Plenty of seats! And though I don't usually like 3D they did it well, and either the movie or the cinema's projection methods didn't make it too dark and dingy, plenty of color and nice and bright. Just something to keep in mind!

I'm still smiling about it. Been a while since I purely enjoyed a movie this much.
  • DefyGravity810
    DefyGravity810 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I plan to see it this weekend but someone told me it's just for kids. It seemed to me like a nerdy lego satire of super hero movies where the regular Joe gets to be the hero for once? I think that was probably over thinking that. Lol. But glad to hear others enjoyed it. So, you don't think it's just for kids? Is my analysis of the trailers somewhat on point? Thanks!
  • spud_chick
    Options
    The reports I'm reading on message boards are that kids aren't always that taken with it while the adults are the ones laughing. It's kind of multilevel, I suppose. I don't think it's for everyone, but it is family friendly (clean) and I think the level of humor is really for adults, although some people don't think so. I don't want to ruin the surprises by explaining too much, but reserve judgment on the level of sophistication if you find yourself thinking it's stupid early on.

And no, I didn't have Legos as a kid, although I did play with them at school sometimes. It wasn't about that for me. The short trailer (and the fact that they didn't force-feed marketing on this for a year in advance) grabbed my attention.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I really liked it. My kids liked it too (they are 5). I could have saved up some money and avoided the 3D though... I don't think it was really worth it.
  • beebeewho
    beebeewho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It was so good! Me and my hubby went together, he still begs me to buy a Lego set every week too, so this movie was a big deal to him :P
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My son (8) is dying to see it although my husband and I are probably equally excited. Looks like a blast.
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I went last Saturday and it was a blast. Great movie with some good life lessons too....
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I went with my husband and our 5 year old. I loved it! I'm a big fan of pretty much everything Lego does. I've been playing their games ever since waaaay back when they did Lego Star Wars. My husband said it's the first film he's wanted to go see a second time in a long time.