Day One of Carb Cycling... here we go!

Options
becs3578
becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
Got up this am and went to crossfit. When I got home I prepped by first day of Carb Cycling. For future reference, I am gonna have to prep some the night before... 5 mini meals took some time to prepare.

Had breakfast at home and the next 3 meals at work.. with the last after my run tonight. I can't following the plan exactly. With a 6 am crosffit class several days a week... eating 30 mins before I get up is just not an option. When I eat before crossfit AM classes I usually want to puke AND getting up any earlier than 5:30 is sooo not in my game plan.

Frig stocked with healthy foods to make it easier.. and excited to get starting. Will keep this thread posted if this plan works for me.. and even if it doesn't. :)

Replies

• Solartiste
    Solartiste Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have to eat after exercices not before...well in 30 min after your wake up. If you wake up at 6 to go to gym, eat after your class. Your furnace will be already on!

After my wake up and 9 min, often I eat between 6h30 and 7h and eat my lunch at 9 after. It's not a full 3 hours, but If I eat later, it will go to late for dinner (I have to eat to 6 pm max with the kid that go to bed at 7h-7h30).

Hope it will work for you :smile:
  • becs3578
    Options
    Thanks Solartiste ....... I agree with the eat after workout.. It just means I can't following Chris's within 30 mins of waking up rule a few days week.

So far so good. I did find I was a little hungry yesterday during the day.. but when I went to go eat my #5 meal after my 5 mile run I only ate half... I am such a dork but I totally looking forward to the peanut butter and apple I get today! Hooray for peanut butter.

And I totally get it with the kiddos.... I am single so I just have to arrange my meals around my work and workouts pretty much.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am jumping into this ball gam again. It worked for me for a month and then I quit and went on to other lans this past few months. Still tring to lose 10 lbs. Which plan are you doing of his? I am doing Turbo. I am so use to LC it will be easy for me.
  • rayliznic
    rayliznic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just finished week one of turbo cycle, -8! I too find prepping meals beforehand is a great help. Body fortress protein shake mix has also been a great help, on both low and high carb days. I look comical doing the exercises, but I am doing them, plus the shedder on a treadmill, and a gallon of water per day...... Best wishes everyone , Maureen
  • becs3578
    Options
    Hey guys... lost over 2 lbs since starting. So ... so far so good. I have spread my cheat meals through the week... instead of having a CHEAT DAY. So yesterday was a HIGH CARB day.. but last night .... after I had run 9 miles earlier in the day I was starving. I really REALLY wanted something sweet, and yummy.... So I had 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. I know not a huge cheat but it was something.

Definitely been gettting my gallon of water a day... I have to pee all the time!!! That is a little annoying but a little inconvenience if I can get to goal weight.. Which is just exactly 10 lbs away. It is so funny how excited I get to eat something that before wouldnt have seemed like a big deal. Also really trying to balance eating with my workouts and making sure I have enough fuel.

Have I mentioned AGAIN how great that peanut butter was last night.. Ha!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Ok gained a LB back.. and I am totally frustrated. I am hungry too!!!! New strategy for week two... replacing the corn tortillas and the wheat pasta with SWEET POTATO (from my PALEO days)... Hoping this makes a difference!

These last 10 lbs are soooooo frustrating... and I am working so far with diet and exercise.

Tomorrow I have a 9 mile run.. I have to fuel before.. I am not doing to eat a ton but I have to eat something or I am going to fall out.
  • rayliznic
    rayliznic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ya, becs, I have to rethink my cheat day. I start regressing with my habits, Too close to the old me, may spread it out over week like you say, or just have a single cheat meal Sunday night, then back on track monday am....too much wiggle room for me otherwise.

Cool re your runs, keep us in the loop.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Yesterday was a funky day... didnt run to the evening.. 5 miles and after I felt terrible. i knew I couldnt eat dinner so I just had an apple and peanut butter (low carb day)... Within 20 minutes I thought I was going to come right back up. Cool bath, and then spend the rest of the night trying to sleep while covering my forehead, neck and chest with cool washclothes. Never threw up. Score.

Woke up this am.. and finally off the plateau and down a lb from my lowest. Think that LB was water weight the other day. But last night still sucked. Should have gone to Crossfit this am but that was NOT happening. Forced myself to have some breakfast... sweet potato scramble and brought my clothes to work so i can hit crossfit after. We will see how I fell.

Today is a card day so perhaps that will make me feel better. We will see. Food just doesnt sound good today.

But on a postive note.. I am now 8.4 lbs to GOAL!
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Becs,

how is it going?
  • becs3578
    Options
    Really well.. I am now 6 lbs to goal... Continueing with my own version of carb cycling.. DONT follow all the Chris Powell rules but definitely the spirit of it. Had to add some calories to my daily totally. I think I was eating too little. So I never eat less than 1300 calories a day now and since I workout 6 days a week I eat more on those days. I rarely eat back ALL my workout calories but I think I am in a good place.

I am continuing through April with this as part of a 100 day challenge.. I have been adding things in as I go... Running (which actually started in january.. nbut now religiously 4 days a week and training for a half marathon)... extra situps and pushups during the day... and carb cycling.

Been eating almost exclusively food that is non processed. (Exclusions... occasional bag of 90 calorie Special K crisp, 1 activia yogurt a day with 1/4 cup Kashi Cereal, and Jiff peanut butter on low carb days). The rest of my basket consists of veggies, chicken, shrimp (it is lent) and olive oil. Kinda boring but the results are NOT.

I am now down to 135 which I havent been probably since I was 15. 44 lbs lost since I hit my highest a few years ago.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Also.. I really think I am really lossing FAT because I am really starting to see the definition in my arms and the rest of my body.. And people have been mentioning the change ALOT.. so I am stoked!
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Working out like that will definitely mean eating more than a minimum of 1200 cals. With my back I struggle to do anything other than my physical therapy routine...but I have been adding a few things as tolerated. If I can get that under control, I'll be on the move. I did order some walk at home videos for days I can't get out of the house (like today when we just got a half foot of snow..yes in April)

I have to remember, mine is not going to come off in pounds a week..it may only be a pound a week because I have less to lose.
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 1 also and I'm so looking forward to this new life style. Wishing you all the best :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well done Becs, ive been doing it a few months and loose an average of 2lb a week which i'm very happy at 41 lbs down so far. My sister has lost 84lbs since last sept after i bought her choose to loose more.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 1 also and I'm so looking forward to this new life style. Wishing you all the best :smile: :flowerforyou:

Good luck Giggles, prep is the key to this.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Wow ladies.. that is awesome.

I am still carb cycling but havent been as strict the last week or so. Need to be better. I am working out quite a bit right now so I have upped my calories and trying to get 80 to 100g of protein a day. Makes it a little trickier. But all and all pretty good. 4-5 lbs to goal!
  • NetashaRuff
    NetashaRuff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Carb Cycling today after a stint of an attempt on the Ketosis Diet. I think this is much more sustainable for me. Now I just need to fit in time for working out. I have to re-read Chris Powells book and get the food ratio's back down. I might start with a week on the Classic Plan and then move to Turbo. I have been gaining and loosing the same 5-8lbs for almost a year and I'm about 15lbs from where I want to be. Time to start buckling down and getting there. I'm 34 with 3 young kids and I'm not getting any younger. I want to be an active role model for them and happy and comfortable in my clothes again. :)