Sharing UK recipes

Options
sussexbythesea
sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
One of my pals wants to swap recipes. We tend to cook from scratch and do extra to freeze. The slo cooker is our friend too.This is the place to post them.

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    Options
    Tonight's dinner was Cottage pie

Ingredients

Generic - Semi-Skimmed Milk, 30 ml
    Kallo Organic - Beef Stock Cubes, 1 cube in about 250 m hot water
    Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce - Sauce , 3 Tsp
    Sainsbury's - Taste the Difference - British Mince Beef, 1 container (500 gs ea.)
    Generic - Peas Frozen 90 g
    Fresh Raw Onion - Vegetable, 200 g
    Carrot - (Raw - Peeled), 195 g
    Generic - Potato, White Raw No Skin, Uncooked 500g
    salt and pepper as liked

Total: 1,806
    Per Serving: 452 serves 4.

You can reduce the potato topping calories by using some swede or cauliflower instead

Dry fry mince then add veggies simmer in the stock. Place in dish
    meanwhile boil the potatoes mash with milk and assemble.
    Cook in oven 25 mins 180 gas 5 until browned

Freezes well
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later

Love the sharing UK recipe's idea and have a few to post in the next few days
  • EmmaR25
    EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I cook majority of my meals from scratch.

I got batch one is Italian bean casserole, freezes well

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/italian-bean-casserole

Makes a good 6 portions not the 8. Sometimes I add chorizo to it if I have some about. Nice with a warm bread roll!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Can i ask, when you create a recipe in your food diary it asks if you want to submitt to MFP database, i always do, but, where is this recipe database??
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Aprilh47 wrote: Can i ask, when you create a recipe in your food diary it asks if you want to submitt to MFP database, i always do, but, where is this recipe database??

Good question, -I will look out for the answer!
  • sussexbythesea
    Options
    Far as I know it does not exist so I stopped doing that ages ago as you had to enter everything again!
  • sussexbythesea
    Options
    I cook majority of my meals from scratch.

I got batch one is Italian bean casserole, freezes well

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/italian-bean-casserole

Makes a good 6 portions not the 8. Sometimes I add chorizo to it if I have some about. Nice with a warm bread roll!
    Sounds good but what is the calorie count please per portion
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,698 Member
    Options
    I find braised chicken freezes well. Google Coq au Vin, Chicken Cacciatore, Chicken, Chicken Teriyaki, Curry Chicken and Chicken Tagine. Here's my mom's easy Chinese Curry which I freeze for midweek meals.

Brown some chicken pieces (my batch is 6-8 thighs, but breasts, drumsticks or a jointed whole chicken would work). If you leave the skin on there is no need for extra fat. If you skin the chicken you will need a little cooking oil. Remove chicken from the pan and fry chopped onion in the fat, then stir in minced garlic and continue to fry a few moments. Return chicken to pan and add enough water to just cover. Toss in 2 tablespoons of curry powder, a couple of peeled carrots chopped into one inch cylinders. a handful of sultanas and a few glugs of soy sauce. Button mushrooms optional. Add finely diced potato (slice thinly or grate with a food processor if you are not adept with a kitchen knife). Simmer uncovered 30-40 minutes until chicken is done. The potato should disintegrate and thicken the sauce. If sauce is too thin, remove chicken and boiled down furiously for a few minutes. Adjust seasoning if necessary.

I haven't entered this in MFP and just use the entry for Curry Chicken with Potato, Homemade Chinese Dish which gives 342 calories for 200g.
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Aprilh47 wrote: Can i ask, when you create a recipe in your food diary it asks if you want to submitt to MFP database, i always do, but, where is this recipe database??

Good question, -I will look out for the answer!

The database is the database that we all go searching for foods in. There is only the one. All the random dishes that say 'homemade' or list a blog or cookbook or somebody's name as the brand or source? Those are recipes people entered and shared.