10% vs. final goal

Options
I discovered DietBet just today, and here I am, signed up... I'm excited, I think this is really the motivation I need! I'm also excited that my necessary weight to win is actually very close to my ultimate goal! 14 lbs to lose will bring me to 128, and my ultimate goal is 125... actually, originally my goal was 130, but now I'm going for it all the way :)

Will this 10% bring you to, or even beyond, your goals?

*P.s. 10% is already amazing, I don't mean in any way to imply it's 'not enough' :)

Replies

• DarleneIsAwesome
    DarleneIsAwesome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I hope you reach your goal weight during this DietBet!

The 10% Will bring me just under half way to my goal. I anticipate that I could lose all of my additional weight by August but if I at most make 10% I will still be happy. So long as I continue to make progress and I'm eating healthily, I think it's still a win.

I have come to learn the hard way, as many people have to, that slow and steady is the way to go.
  • KathrynAlex
    KathrynAlex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just completed my first dietbet yesterday. I decided to do the transformer to get one step closer to my ultimate goal. The 10% will put me about 2lbs away from the halfway mark. Hopefully I can lose more than that in 6 months.

Good luck on your goals!
  • tgleser
    tgleser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    10% wil take me lower than I planned, but it's still a healthy weight. I'm really hoping to burn some fat and strengthen my body. I'm feeling a bit flabby!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    10% is a start for me. I lost 60+lbs using MFP then found out I was pregnant???? I had a very rough pregnancy and ended up back at my original weight. So starting at go. But I got this. I love the dietbet for the motivation and accountability. And thanks for setting up this group!
  • jens985
    Options
    10% is also just a start for me, but it is a giant step in the right direction!
  • jenellis77
    jenellis77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    10% will take me to two pounds under where I had my goal set.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once I finish, I'll be 10 pounds away from my goal weight. If I don't lose more than the 10%.

I'm in a Dietbet 4 right now as well where you lose 4 percent of your weight. If that goes well, I might join another one. I figured out that if I did a Dietbet 4 from now until August and met the goal each time, I would be at my goal weight by August. I just don't know if I really want to do a Dietbet 4 every month. 10% in 6 months is a lot easier than 4% in 1 month.
  • klbailenson
    Options
    I will be right where I want to be ;) Good luck everyone!!
  • corgiwyn
    Options
    I would still like to lose at least another 30lbs after losing the 10%. From when I started with my first dietbet on Jan 1 I want to lose 62lbs. I'm down 11.5 now from Jan 1. Not near as much as I want but I"m getting good consistency with working out and I'm doing very well with tracking my food and most days I"m under my 1200 calories. The fitbit is really helping keeping me motiviated. My best friend and I are both doing this bet and that really helps!
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is also my first dietbet challenge I entered. I was doing something similar back in 2011 on a different site. Had similar features and did a great job on there shedding the weight. I successfully dropped 65 lbs but a medical issue made me gain most of my weight back. Imagine the horror and the helplessness I felt when I saw my last and lowest and last weight journal entry on September 23, 2012, being at 143 lbs. :sad: I ballooned to 185-195 lbs. :explode: I finally consulted another doctor for 2nd opinion in July 2013. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in September and have been on medication to help deal with it. Unfortunately, my body did not respond well to treatment and I gained another 10 lbs :grumble: I got clearance from my doctor in December 2013 to restart up on working out and I haven't not look back since. So glad I am back in "Onederland" now. 10% of my initial weigh in of 200.8 lbs would bring me to 192.8. I am hoping to meet that mark and bring me to the next 10 lbs off goal.

I have a closet full of size 8-10s that's gathering dust :grumble: I have a wedding to attend this May 2014! I have 2 dresses that I would love to get into. That is my goal for now! Overall, I want to get down first to 150 lbs. That's only 46.2lbs to go! :tongue:
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If I lose just my 10%, I still have another 25 to get to my goal. But I am aiming for more than 10%, my friend and I are having a competition to see who can lose the bigger percentage in 6 months, so it's even more motivation!
  • x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    Options
    My final goal is 220. Some might not consider that "healthy" enough but I think it is the most realistic healthy weight for me where as long as I exercise every week I can eat the foods I'm going to crave. Right now I'm 268, and my dietbet goal is 241 so I will still have another 21 to go but it will be a great start!
  • amywendt
    amywendt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! After this diet bet I would like to lose another 25 lbs... I am excited to do this!!! Good luck to us all...
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This diet bet 10% is just the tip of my iceberg - goal is 216. I want back to 170, so I'll be going on afterwards to another program to keep me going. 140 is what the computers say I should be but I was that years ago and looked awful for my bone structure.
  • stephanietaylor5
    Options
    The 10% will bring me down to 144 but my previous goal was more like 147. I've down the 4% bets and I tend to just gain it back after, but I think if I get down and win the bet, even if i gain a little back, ill still be happy
  • missa482
    Options
    10% will bring me within 20 pounds of my ultimate goal.
  • watermelonsugar_
    Options
    10% will bring me to 161.5 but my ultimate goal is 140 pounds.
  • MissyKeiper
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, 10% is only going to get me started, so actually not so unfortunate, but I will have a ways to go after I lose the 10%. I'm actually hoping to lose the max amount I can lose while on this DietBet. This is also, my first DietBet but I'm happy to have the motivation. I've already lost 9lbs since the beginning! YAHOO!