Inspirational quote and tip of the day

Options
I was going through an old storage bin this weekend. It was a bunch of stuff from before I was even married. I came across a small book I had that has 365 daily "meditations" to help with weight loss. I know not everyone enjoys things like this and not every subject relates to everyone, but I thought it is a good idea to share one each day. You never know when one might spark an inspiration in you.
Feb. 16th - "Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them" - Agatha Christie
Tip of the day - Think of a habit you'd like to change or eliminate, and then list several ways you will actually go about it.

"Do you measure your food, then snack on the excess without realizing? Do you lick the spoon after making something for your children? Always take advantage of free samples at the food store?" These are all behaviors we need to consciously change in our everyday, habitual lives that derail our best efforts of a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• Mishka0321
    Options
    What a great idea! Peanut butter is definitely my downfall. I have a bad habit of spooning out more than the measured amount and eating it straight out of the spoon. Haha I know it's a really bad habit :/ this week I'll be more aware when I'm doing it. I could replace this habit with chewing sugar free gum right after instead.
  • disneybrass
    Options
    I am glad it was helpful to you Mishka0321!
  • disneybrass
    Options
    Feb. 17th
    "Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green it can rest" - Mary Webb

Just as colors of your wardrobe effect your mood, pink may make you feel pretty and soft, wear black or grey when you feel down or don't want to be noticed or red to feel bold. Colors can also affect your appetite. It is said that the color red can increase appetite. For this reason it is used in many fast food restaurant themes. Green has a calming effect, used predominantly in hospitals patient and recovery rooms.

Tip for the day:
    "Put on an outfit today that conveys confidence, optimism and success"
  • disneybrass
    Options
    "We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

We all from time to time believe we are eating just the right amounts of our daily allowance. When we don't lose any weight we wonder what's wrong. I thought I knew what proper portions looked like until I started measuring an weighing my food. I wasn't too far off, but definitely eating more than I should to drop a few pounds.

Tip:
    "Weight and measure your food carefully today. Take special note of serving sizes so you can accurately calculate portions when you are dining out."
  • Mishka0321
    Options
    So true! This is why I love wearing lipstick. I don't know why, but it always makes be feel a little more confident :-)
  • disneybrass
    Options
    "We distinguish the excellent man from the common man by saying the former is the one who makes great demands upon himself, and the latter who makes no demands on himself" - Jose Ortega Y Gasset

Weight loss, and more common a healthy lifestyle rarely comes easy to anyone. Usually with great discomfort we have to change our eating habits, unhealthy relationships and our favorite restaurants. It's hard to see in the beginning, but the result in the long run is well worth the sacrifice.

"Make at least one demand of yourself today that will help you create healthier habits."
  • disneybrass
    Options
    "Nothing ever goes away" Barry Commoner

Reaching your goal weight does not mean never having to worry about bad habits and weight gain creeping back in. We need to take one day at a time and focus on living a healthy LIFESTYLE. Maintaining weight loss is often times more difficult than losing the weight was. Temptation is always there, stick with your HEALTHY habits to help keep it at bay!

"Remember you must be vigilant about food, even when you have achieved your weight goal. Maintenance requires as much care and attention as weight loss did"
  • disneybrass
    Options
    :Why do strong arms fatigue themselves with frivolous dumbbells? To dig a vineyard is worthier exercise for men." - Marcus Valerius Martialis

With more and more labor saving devices being produced, man no longer exercises his body "naturally". We are evolving into a sedentary society. We should go out of our way on a daily basis to add vigorous activity to our daily lives. Try shoveling snow instead of using a snowblower, take stairs instead of elevators, walk your children to school instead of driving.

"Add a new activity to your day that will help you tone your body, such as stirring a recipe by hand instead of with a hand mixer."