WW Help

Options
Hey everyone! I just started Weight Watchers online, so if any of you need any support or help as far as that plan goes I would love to help. I have done so much research the past few days and found so many recipes and tips and tricks. So if you have a question let me know. Good Luck!!

Replies

• fluffychick73
    fluffychick73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I just found your post! I did WW years ago with great results, only to get within 20 lbs of goal to find out I was pregnant and had to quit. I know it works! The thing I love about WW is that they teach you to eat normal food, not force you to purchase their food, like some other programs. Have you checked out www.skinnytaste.com? They have great recipes and each one has WW points along with the nutritional info!
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    I am counting WW Points also. I use MFP to look up nutritional value for some foods. I have done WW over 15 times. It works when you stick to it. I just got tired of paying for the meetings and online. To be honest, MFP has a better food database than WW has. As long as you have a WW calculator (which you can buy at any meeting place) you can log on MFP and convert to points on paper. It's a little time consuming but it saves you mega bucks! Good luck!

Oh, another great website is www.dwlz.com. She has tons of restaurants and their Points listed and it's free :)
  • Merida76
    Options
    I totally agree I have said the same thing about WW. They teach you how to eat in the real world and not be dependent on prepackaged food, that I am not a fan of anyway because of all the salt.

I have been to skinnytaste. com and I got a few recipes from there that were not to bad. I did just get the new WW cookbook and the few things that I have made were really good. I was shocked. My mom and daughter had no idea that it was even diet food.
  • Merida76
    Options
    I do WW online and I love it. I think it's cheaper than meetings. I thought about getting the calculator but I am broke so I decided not too. I do have the app that you can track your food and it has the built in scanner which is really cool. I just wished it recognized everything.

Thanks for the site I will check it out.
  • CarlaK69
    CarlaK69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just started MFP last week. I was doing weight watchers but had to quit 4 months ago for financial reasons, but have continued on with the program. I had done WW before 10 years ago and had lost 80 lbs but had stopped within 20lbs of my goal do to my health at the time. It is a great program if you stick to it. I've gained most of that weight back but it took me 10 years to do it. I joined MFP because it is challenging me to workout and with the charts and graphs I can see progress and see the workout points adding up. I had been stuck for months staying the same weight but not losing. This week I finally had a loss. It felt good to see the scale go down for the first time in months.

So glad to see other WW people on here! It is nice to have a place to turn to for help.
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    I am trying a different method to tracking on MFP yet using WW points. I read that 40 calories was equal to 1 WW Point. So that is 1400 calories for me. I am only tracking food on MFP that has a Points value (so fruits/veggies are not being logged). I jot those down in the Notes field just so I have reference that I ate them. I will let everyone know how it works!

I am doing this because tracking on MFP and then converting to points was getting a bit tedious. I just wanted to do one method. I hope I am figuring it out right!!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love WW, lost 80 lbs with it from Oct 2012 - June 2013. The thing I liked about it especially when losing the weight was I always had enough points to eat lots and feel full all the time. I still track on WW as well as MFP. I found the WW meetings great but wasn't a big fan of their online site. I really like MFP for the online tracking.