New ~

Options
HI all! I am 7 weeks post op and I just started using MyFitnessPal to track my protein intake. My nut told me to count protein and not much else... SO I am wondering how many calories are you all eating? I have been under 1200 each day I have tracked...that seems like so much! Let me know all :)

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    650-850 calories per day for me. I was sleeved 11-20-13. I have lost about 53 lbs. if I get much higher than 850 calories I don't lose wt. I am only 5'5" and I have a sedentary job.
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My Dr. told me not to focus on calories yet, just focus on protein, at LEAST 60 gm/day. I do track everything I eat and I usually eat between 500-700 calories (sometimes a little more, sometimes less). By the time I eat all my protein, I find there isn't room for much else! :smile: Of course, follow your own Dr.s instructions - I'm finding they are all different!
    Hope you are doing well!
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My Dr. told me not to focus on calories yet, just focus on protein, at LEAST 60 gm/day. I do track everything I eat and I usually eat between 500-700 calories (sometimes a little more, sometimes less). By the time I eat all my protein, I find there isn't room for much else! :smile: Of course, follow your own Dr.s instructions - I'm finding they are all different!
    Hope you are doing well!

This^^^^ I am just over a year postop and I make sure I get the protein mine is around 70 gm per day or more and I range 800-1000 cal depending on the day
  • clhensley75
    Options
    I was sleeved 12/20/13 and I have been tracking for just over a week. I'm getting between 500 and 800 calories a day, but like everyone said, focus on the protein more than the calories. For me, I find that high protein low carbs is what works, not so much worrying about calories. I have hit two stalls in the 8 weeks since surgery and both times I increased my carbs for a couple of days and then cut them out again and started loosing again.
  • pbit
    pbit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 12/10/12 - so about 14 months out. I eat about 1,200 - 1,400 a day depending on how much exercise I get that day. (I don't always replace my exercise calories, or at least not all of them - but I seem to be hungrier on those days). 1,200 - 1,400 does seem like a lot - but the farther out you get the more you can put in (unfortunately).