Prayin' for My Pals

kimmieb2u
kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
I am beginning this topic for one reason. Prayer. I don't just want to pray by myself for you. I would like others to agree with me in prayer for everyone in the group. We are different. We are doing this not just to look good, not just to feel good, but to glorify our Maker. I am writing a prayer for this group. If when you read it you like it and agree to it, feel free to say Amen! Or, if you feel comfortable, write your own prayer. I covet your prayers (to use an old saying, but it's true). So, here goes:

Father God, I humbly ask for your blessing upon every woman who belongs to this group. LORD, you alone know our hearts, understand our hurts, and can give us strength to do what must be done. We desire to glorify You in our bodies as well as our souls. Help us to leave the past behind, to put our hands to the plow and go forward in Christ to the awesome future you desire for us. May every woman here receive not only head knowledge that she is utterly loved by you, but let that knowledge bring forth good fruit in our lives, our homes, our families. Father, let this be one of many areas in our lives in which YOU shine; we will glow with joy, peace and love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Replies

• WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Amen Sister!:smile:
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Heavenly Father, I include my 'amen'. Lord, I lift to you those who have become discouraged, or those for whom logging is too much at the moment. Would you bless those ladies in their circumstances, so that their relationship with you is strengthened above everything else.

Lord Jesus, please help us not to get so consumed with weight and fitness that we lose sight of your plans for us, but help us to answer "Here am I, Lord. Send me."
  • kimmieb2u
    AMEN!!
  • bluetulip4
    bluetulip4 Posts: 13 Member
    Amen, thanks for those prayers
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you for the gift of prayer. And thank You , Father, for the gift of being able to pray. AMEN!
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Amen:)
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Amen! To all of the above :smile:

Father God, Thank you for always being our comfort, our rock and our inspiration. We look to you in good times and bad. Thank you Lord for our wonderful community, for my fitness pal and for the relationship that we have with you and each other.

Help us Lord, to use our words to build each other up as you build us up in faith and help us to be there for each other at times of need.

Father, thank you for the awesome gift of our freedom and for our lives. Help us Lord to honour you with our bodies, keeping us fit and well to serve you and each other for your kingdom. Thank you for helping us to make the right choices, move our bodies freely and mostly, thank you Lord for being there when we fail, lifting us back onto our feet.

Thank you Father.

Amen x
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Amen. Does anyone watch Joel Osteen. I love him he is so inspirational:)
  • kimmieb2u
    Amen!
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    Father I ask you to please touch each woman in this group according to their needs. I ask you Father to please work in what ever burden they face each day and let them feel your loving arms around them. Give them the courage to change the things they need to change and please help them to conquer the things they cannot . In Jesus name amen.