Leg trembling.

Options
Griath
Griath Posts: 13 Member
Hey guys,
I've just started back doing P90.
Backlog:
I've done it twice before and gotten reasonable weight loss results when I did it simultaneously with my old job (warehouse, somewhat physically demanding).
I've now started a new desk job, so this has me sitting for 7 hours a day/5 days a week. I've seen the weight steadily on the rise so I decided to start an organised workout plan again.

Anyway, I've been noticing that during the weight lifting days, I'm experiencing some quite bad leg shaking when doing some of the exercises, namely two-arm kick backs and back flys (both bending over, not heavy). Then later after the work out just standing at my sink washing my hands my legs are shaking when in a certain position. It comes back a bit when doing the cardio the next day. It's not painful but it's stops me doing the mentioned exercises effectively and its just generally irritating. I do the included warm-up, so I'm not going in dead cold. I don't remember experiencing this in previous times before.

I was wondering if anyone has any in-sight into this. Do you think I'm doing something wrong? Will it pass with time?

Replies

• TapouTFTW
    Options
    Sounds like muscle fatigue. A few questions: how is your protein intake and are you doing anything special pre/post workout?

If you are not hydrated enough, you can have a host of electrolyte problems which can lead to shaking. If you have stressed your muscles and not have enough time to rest, shaking again. Not enough protein intake can lead to weakening due to inadequate "building" materials. If you are not taking in enough carbs pre workout, you body can be running on fumes and yet you are stilling pushing. Post workout, if you are not feeding your body right after a workout, it could lead back into protein deficiencies.

Are you experiencing "shaking" anywhere, especially the arms or hands?
  • Griath
    Griath Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Protein intake leading up I'd say was pretty good. Could be a bit higher right now due to me cutting down overall. Hydration might very well be a factor, I'm usually really good at keeping hydrated but the new job has changed my routine massively so I'm going to drink more water in work tomorrow (rather than tea) . I do this workout quite late in the day and have my dinner pretty much straight afterwards so I'd say I've got the post-workout nutrition down. I'm not experiencing any shaking in my arms or hands, just it's quite bad in the legs. I've never experienced it before so it was highly irregular to me.

I'll see what it's like tomorrow as I've got the weight lifting workout again.

Thanks for taking the time to help, hopefully with your input I can get it under control =]
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks for taking the time to help, hopefully with your input I can get it under control =]

Have you thought about adding BCAA to your supplement routine? I am not going to get into a tirade about the ins & outs of rebuilding muscle, but it "might" help too.