Favorite healthy meal from this week, 2/9-2/15

Options
So I'm ultra big into cooking, and thought it could be a fun topic to recount our favorite healthy meals each week :) I'll start...

This week I was bulking up my portfolio (I'm a pastry chef potentially looking to get back into the savory side... don't hate me!), so I had a lot of opportunities to cook some good stuff. In doing so, I really thought I was gonna utterly blow my calorie goals for about three days, but I actually came out ok! Part of it was that I prepared reasonable (yet not skimpy) portions, but also I now realize that I semi-unconsciously I made rather healthy dishes, even if they were 'fancy' and look rather decadent in the photos. Win-win!

My favorite: seared Pacific cod and grilled Monterey squid, with pearl couscous, cherry tomatoes, cucumber yogurt, black olive oil and fried mint. Calories? Less than 450 :)

Let's hear everybody else's!

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am trying to make peruvian ceviche tonight!
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Corn salsa, quinoa, and spinach!
  • watermelonsugar_
    Options
    I have been going stir fry crazy these past few weeks. I like trying to make my own sauces - but keep it simple.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I almost skipped this topic because I'm not much of a cook unfortunately. There is one thing that I've been making on a regular basis though that is wonderful:

For breakfast, whole wheat vegan banana pancakes (found the recipe when my daughter decided to go vegan for awhile, and I was trying to do more things with whole wheat)..

I'm not even close to being a vegan (I like meat more than I like vegetables), but these things are wonderful. Low calorie and low fat. I put sugar free syrup and coconut butter on them.

I love pancakes!