iwantniceabs
iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
Who is competing?

Novice/open...weight class...?

Replies

• a2o3
    a2o3 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've had one smoker fight at an open weight competition. Unfortunately I dropped that fight but it happened 5 months ago and I'm hoping for a second shot and a win before I move into the amateur pool.
  • LukeClapham84
    LukeClapham84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I compete in amateur, white collar, and unlicensed bouts, I fight at 68-72kg, my record at the moment is 1-1.
  • Boxinggrrrl
    Boxinggrrrl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, i compete....i am 47 with 8 fights and fight anywhere between 138 and 145. I hope to fight open this year so i can get more fights. Do you compete as well?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Haven't been in the ring in years but once I get back to fight-weight I'm hoping to get at least one more under my belt. I used to fight at 132lbs, 5-0 (3 TKO's)
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I'm training to compete but haven't had my first fight. I'm mostly a newbie. Started with a basic girls class which was a lot of interval type training but also fundamentals and some sparring. I was asked to join the fight team. I've only gone to a few team trainings. I live about an hour and a half from the club. I do a lot of training in my home gym and run then go to team training 1-2 times a week. The trainer is good about giving me ideas for my home sessions. I'm a personal trainer so I am in decent shape, but getting in the ring- THAT IS SOOOO DIFFERENT! Hadn't thought of looking for a boxing group on MFP before today, nice to have found you all.
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    Had a bout last year, unfortunatley had to fight 3kg heavier than normal as our matchup wss based on technical ability so I had to get closer to his weight. Unfortunatley this led to a height differnence of about 6inches.

Didnt gelp that I had to go to india/UAE for two weeks 4weeks from fight night, lost on a very clowe points decision.

Still contemplating whether to rematch, albeit I would prefer him to get closer to my weight this time.