Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, and welcome!!!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Dani and I'm 29. I'm married and have two amazing little girls, 6 & 8. I'm an internet technician by day and an author by night -I actually have one of my novels out with an agent at the moment, fingers crossed. I've been a pretty active healthy person my whole life, but a few years ago, I was diagnosed with adult onset asthma. It was really hard going from normal to doing the laundry made me out of breath. However, I'm on the right medications now and I've learned my triggers well so attacks are few and far between.

I made it to level three on the thirty day shred and was doing great, toned up quite a bit, energy was through the roof -I wore my kids out instead of the other way around, and I felt amazing pretty much all the time. But, 11 days away from completing the program, my asthma acted up and my doctor changed my meds and nixed all exercise. I was so down and asked myself what the point was, asthma was going to rule me from now on and there was nothing I could do. Now I've been on the newest set of meds for over 6 months and haven't had a single attack and so I'm ready to get back on the horse.

I have issues with nutrition, well not exactly the eating part. I love healthy food and don't really eat a lot, but drinks.. that's where it gets me. I like soda, it's a work in progress.

So here's to sticking to it and making the most of each day. 30 mins, there's no way I can make any excuse not to do this workout.

Great group, can't wait to get more involved!
  • rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dani. Good to see you didnt let it stop you. keep it up and get involved as much as you can. I know that is what helps me stay accountable and pushing forward.
  • SMontgomery82
    SMontgomery82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm Sarah. I just started P90X3 this morning! Nice to meet you all :)
  • rhino45
    Options
    hey welcome sarah nice to have ya here. I think you will enjoy the program I know I do. I start my transition week today so we will see tonight after isometrix if I still like it lol. I hear its quite hard. anyways welcome and keep everyone updated on your success.
  • SMontgomery82
    SMontgomery82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :) Good luck with Isometrix!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hello ALL!
    My name is Verda and I am from Montana. I am almost 55 yrs "old", a wife of almost 34 yrs, a mother to two adult sons & a grandmother to two boys! I have been athletic most of my life & into fitness for the past 20. I love working out & keeping my body in shape. It is getting harder as the years fly by but I won't give up the good fight!
    I bought myself the P90X3 series for Christmas but have been waiting for doctors clearance to begin. I had some major surgeries on Dec 17th (female issues) so was limited to walking on TM or riding exercise bike. I have done sooooo many beachbody series right up to when I had surgery. With the latest being T25 for 3 months. I am sooooo ready to start lifting again.
    My question is how does one decide which schedule to choose? I was thinking maybe after the fit test the scores would help make your decision but after reading over it I don't think so. Speaking of the fit test,I think this is the same fit test we had to do for the first P90X!! I am glad this is only 30 minutes cuz I have a hard time with Tony Horton, I have to mute alot!:wink: Don't get me wrong, I think he puts out AWESOME fitness workouts but he seems immature or he just thinks he's funny IDK!!!
    I will do the fit test tomorrow & begin to rock n roll with you all on Monday!!!

Who you all for in the Super Bowl????
    GOOOOOO BRONCO"S!!!!!!
  • rhino45
    Options
    Welcome Verda, congrats about getting back into the swing of things after your surgeries. I would saw as far as schedules are concerned I would recommend the classic version and see where you want to go from there. it will give you that nice mix of cardio and get you those great muscle building routines to help you strengthen up after your procedures. Im with you on it being 30 mins you will love it and I had the same thing with tony (I wasn't a big fan) but on this one it really isn't bad. it goes by so fast you don't have time to think about it much and you are done. this program is by far my favorite out of all the BB videos. again welcome to the group and cant wait to see your progress.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group!! My name is Alyssa, and I'm currently on week 1 day 5 of x3 today . I've completed numerous rounds of p90x with awesome results one round of x2. Just finished doing insanity prior to starting x3. Surprisingly I lost some muscle definition with that and gained weight. I'm hoping to get my muscle definition back to where it was with p90x.
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Glad I found this group!! My name is Alyssa, and I'm currently on week 1 day 5 of x3 today . I've completed numerous rounds of p90x with awesome results one round of x2. Just finished doing insanity prior to starting x3. Surprisingly I lost some muscle definition with that and gained weight. I'm hoping to get my muscle definition back to where it was with p90x.

Welcome!
  • rhino45
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa, I did insanity a couple of years ago and too noticed (at the time) some definition loss but you should get it all back here on x3. While I really enjoy Shaun T I have always thought the p90 series has always been more balanced in terms of cardio and weight training. and with it being 30 min a day now and the results people are seeing its a no brainer. remember to post your results as you make your way through the program to keep others motivated. again welcome to the group.
  • virll
    virll Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Tim. I have done P90x, Insanity, Les Mils Combat, Body Beast and now P90X3. I am nearing the end of the second block. Full disclosure... I am an ex-coach. It was not what I thought it was going to be. I am not a salesman and I do not believe that Shakeology is a miracle shake so lets say it didn't work out. I do however enjoy helping people reach there goals and by me helping them they are motivating me to reach mine. I am glad to see this group exists and find it hard to believe that more don't.

Thanks!

Tim
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Melissa and I started X3 yesterday! Last year I did a full round of P90X with some pretty good results. I lost 20 pounds and a TON of inches. I dont think I lost as much as I could have if I had gotten my eating under control. I didnt eat terrible and I was MOSTLY healthy but I think if I had been more dedicated to my healthy eating I would have had a more significant result. That being said, the original was just too time consuming for someone who works full-time (in athletics at a university which means very long hours most days of the week and some weekend hours!) as well as a part time Ph.D student. So I was really excited about X3.

I look forward getting to know you all better and have a great support system for all of us! :)
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Welcome!! Today is my last day of Block 2, transition week ahead. Loving the program so far!
  • rhino45
    Options
    welcome newcomers. glad to have you here and can't wait to see your progress. Tim make sure to give your expertise to those who may need it. again welcome to the group.
  • rhino45
    Options
    welcome jolene. I have had pretty great success so far as have a few other members. I haven't done any measurements for block 2 but block 1 I dropped 10lbs and lost 10" overall. so there is success to be had for sure. make sure to post often and tell everyone about your success
  • shanespencer184
    shanespencer184 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Shane. I'm 41, and I teach English in China. I've never done a BeachBody programme before (although I'd heard of P90X before, years back). Like others, I've joined gyms before, bought home equipment before...given up on both after a while. Just had no motivation.

I started P90X3 last week (did The Warrior today), and I'm totally loving it! It's killing me to keep up with the videos sometimes, but the pause button is my friend (the stop button is my enemy!). I agree with others on here; CVX is a killer. It was so hard getting out of bed this morning!

I'm glad to be a part of this group; it's nice to see a 'normal' group, not one full of coaches trying to sell Shakeology!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shane and ALL the others that came aboard the X3 train this week! Let's give it our all & post it so it may help others!
  • skinnywitt
    skinnywitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All, I am Shawn from North Mississippi (10 miles south of Memphis , TN). I am 36, out of shape, over weight, and have the lung capacity of a tree. My profile list my goals, which is basically for my children, but deep down they are for me just as much as for them. I ordered P90x3 while sitting on the couch watching basketball (Go Tigers), and eating a Wendy's Double cheeseburger, fries and coke. I am now at Block 1, Week 3, Day 3 (completed Yoga) this morning. I absolutely love, enjoy, and see a big difference over the last 3 weeks (other than Yoga, on Yoga Days I feel more like a clown at a funeral service). I know the results could be even better with a change in eating habits, and every once in a while a word of encouragement, so that how I got to myfitnesspal and decided to join a little support group like this one. Wide open for advice, critic, and pointers. Thanks for listening.
  • rhino45
    Options
    Welcome skinnywitt. Glad to have you. You will definately get some encourgement here as well as any tims and tricks we have learned along the way. dont worry your yoga will get better. If I can even halfway do it then there is hope for anyone lol. without a doubt fix the nutrition as it is over 80% of your fitness goal. You dont want to look back on day 90 saing "Man I wish I had just ..." anyways welcome to the group and make sure to post about your success.