1200 cal a day diets (UK) Friends??

Options
Anyone in the UK with a 1200 (or there abouts) daily calorie target with an open diary feel free to add me!

And anyone else too but I just get so depressed looking at mens diaries when they are allowed SO MUCH FOOD!!! (haha)

Being 5ft 2" means I don't neeeed 2000+ calories to fuel my body but my cravings for good hearty food don't always understand that!

I'm 23, female from the west midlands! Like I say feel free! :smile:

Replies

• EmmaR25
    EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 and feel your pain...add sent
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Emmie, rc'd your request and added you, I've recently moved up to 1480 cals from 1200 but most days still eating around 1200 anyway as it's what I've got used to.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request Emmie, please don't look at my diary today, I had an eat all you can chinese, and i've given up because I got confused trying to add it lol xx
  • BigJayUK
    BigJayUK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Good luck with your goal.
    When starting my weight loss journey last year I was on 1200 calories for 2 weeks. That was really hard for me but kick started my weight loss.
    I gradually increased in exercise and calorie intake until the amount I am on now.
  • Emmiejayne90
    Options
    Hey guys!!

Thanks to all! I'm looking forward to snooping in your diaries for some meal and snack ideas! haha!

Hopefully we can motivate eachother along the way too! :)
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request - I log everything (well, what I remember anyway!)
  • madeinredditch
    madeinredditch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live in the Midlands and I'm on 1200 calls, I've been good all day and just managed to squeeze in 2 little cookies so I'll be off to bed happy :)

Feel free to add me (any of you) and peek whenever you like, I do my best to log every day!
  • Andy__Dane
    Andy__Dane Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on about 1300 while I lose weight, feel free to add me.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    5'3" and MFP has so generously allowed me 1210 cals. Thank goodness for exercise!
  • Moogle_Powah
    Moogle_Powah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5"3 so I'm on 1,200 calories, and I have learned the hard way what that actually means for what you can and can't put in your mouth DX I manage to stick to it on most days, but my successful days are when I have done exercise and I can go a little over. I have sent you a FR in case you want to have a little look :)
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Why don't you change your goals to lose half pound a week instead or 1 or 2? it will allow you more calories and will be easier to follow and stick to your plan. half an hour walk gives you extra 100 cals as well. I am eating 1700-2000 and i am a girl 24 years old and don't do much cardio. when i was loosing i was in 1400-1600. i log everyday so if you don't count my snacks it will be a 1200 calls a day..
  • paganstar71
    paganstar71 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will send you a friend request. I am 5' 2" also and eating around 1200 a day. I am increasing healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil) and some protein and reducing added sugar WAY down. I find this means I can eat at a calorie deficit quite easy using this method because I'm not getting cravings.
  • Emmiejayne90
    Options
    I usually go wayyy over on my sugar if anything!
    I put this down to the fresh fruit I usually eat for snacking....and the biscuits! haha
    I have a Hen doo and am bridesmaid at a Wedding comming up in a few months so I'm thankful to you guys for any advice and experience you want to share :)

• harriethayes
    harriethayes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Emmie,
    Im 5ft 4 and doing 1200 as well... it is HARD! But I actually give myself high days every 3 days of 1400 and then a cheat day of 2500 once a week. I've lost 4lbs this week and managed to stuff my face with chocolate! Cheat days might be worth considering :)
  • Emmiejayne90
    Options
    I think im going to take your advice!
    If i plan a cheat day I think I can stop myself cheating so much in the week and just promise myself a nice treat day to look forward to! I will still log everything on my cheat day! :smile:
  • Fatgirlslim80s
    Fatgirlslim80s Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im on 1200 a day plus I try to exercise so it allows me to have more.... Yesterday I went over big time tho :( xx please add me everyone
  • ellbuchanan_
    ellbuchanan_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm just about 5ft3 and my calorie goal is 1200 too! I know how you feel! Add sent :)
  • harriethayes
    harriethayes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think im going to take your advice!
    If i plan a cheat day I think I can stop myself cheating so much in the week and just promise myself a nice treat day to look forward to! I will still log everything on my cheat day! :smile:

Good idea, I always count my cheat days. I put them at 2500cals and plan in advance what I can have so I know what there is to look forward to :)
  • henriettablake
    henriettablake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was trying to stick to the 1200 kcal but I never know weather you can actually eat more if you have been exercising and pay more attention to your net kcal or just to stick to the 1200. I am not having much luck losing weight at the moment but I have just started the 5:2 diet, yesterday was hell trying to only eat 500 but I'm hoping to get better. If anyone has any advice on this or wants to add me to have a look at my diary then feel free.

Hetty
  • emma9098
    emma9098 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"2 my mfp is set to 1490 cause I also do the 5:2 diet. I've just reached nearly 11st so now desperate to lose about 2stone. Feel free to add me :)