buddies required :) - fibro / chronic pain

Options
Hi, looking for some buddies to lose weight with.

I have fibromyalgia and am restarting my journey to lose weight.

Please add me :)

Replies

• MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia/chronic pain and autoimmune illnesses. I have been using MFP since the end of July 2013 and have lost 75 pounds so far. If you would like a buddy in this journey, I am on here most every day.
  • Helliberrie
    Helliberrie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress and motivation :)

I will send you a friend request, thanks x
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Hi!

I was diagnosed with fibro 8 years ago. I started my health/fitness journey early 2013 and have had incredible results. I've lost 30 pounds so far, with only a few more to lose. But my main progress has been with my symptoms. I completely changed my eating habits. I already had pretty decent nutrition, but I went 100% clean and got rid of all trigger foods. I ended up vegan after I figured out my trigger foods (not everyone's are the same of course). I also gave up coffee and haven't had soda in years. Anyway, I haven't had symptoms since March. Seriously. NOTHING. At first it was really strange to have energy and no pain. But once I got used to it, fibro was out of my mind. I work out daily and am able to do things I never imagined I could do.

Sorry to ramble on, but I just wanted to share my story with fellow fibro warriors. There is always hope of feeling better, although I know not everyone will have the same results as me. To me, any improvement is worth the hard work. I would love to support you on your journey. You've taken the first step, which is something you should be very proud of. Here's to improved health and wellness!

:flowerforyou: Wendy
  • alykaatt
    Options
    I have Fibro and am restarting my weight loss journey. I sent you a friend request.
  • starkitty4
    starkitty4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i have hypermobility syndrome which means the ligaments in all of my joints are too stretchy so my joints have to work a lot harder than most. this causes me pain every day, cold damp days are the worst, but i dont let it stop me. im quite new to MFP and havent lost any weight YET but im determined to get there. feel free to add me :)
  • jeninthed
    jeninthed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I was diagnosed with fibro in November of last year. I am restarting my weight loss journey. Please feel free to add - would like lots of buddies on this journey!
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't been formally diagnosed with fibro but the doc says the symptoms fit. I also have a knee injury that I working through. I get very discouraged sometimes and eat to make myself feel better when my body hurts too bad to do anything else. I could use a buddy or two who knows how this feels. It's frustrating!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group and am happy to find others with fibro sharing the same journey. I've been diagnosed for 7 yrs and had symptoms for a couple of years before that. When other health issues caught up with me in December, I knew I had to make a drastic change in my life, and here I am. :)