Setting New Goals

Options
Lynn1098
Lynn1098 Posts: 13 Member
Hi team (are we still looking at the group page? I mostly look at your updates...)

So I reach a milestone this morning, 10.7 lbs lost. Hurrah!! And I think I'm going to spend a few weeks maintaining this weight. I don't want to become too obsessed with weight loss, as opposed to overall healthy eating and exercise. So, for the next 2 weeks my goal are

1. I'm going to tell mfp to recalculate my calories for weight maintenance and stay in or slightly under that range.
2. I'm going to concentrate on maximum nutrition and not use the extra calories to eat cake. (^-^)
3. I'm going to maintain my goal of 300 exercise minutes per week.

Anyone else want to re-examine their goals for the back half of our little kick-start? We've got 6 weeks left until 2nd April.

cheers,
-angela

Replies

• jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I could use a little tune-up! I'm finding it very difficult lately to not say " oh I'll restart tomorrow " and I've become obsessive about food, having a mental battle all the time between eating super healthy and I can eat a cupcake/chocolate bar/chips and still fit it in my daily plan. Why just grocery shopping yesterday I passed through the bakery section 3 times for no good reason other than to look at the cakes LOL. I did manage to walk out without buying any but still, why do I torture myself so?

While on my vacation I struggled at first and felt pretty down about it. Dave said to me "well its not surprising there is all this amazing food around"! But I realized then that really this should be the easiest week of my life. I don't have shop, prepare, cook. I just have to pick the right things. After that I had an easier time of it. Which isn't to say I didn't indulge here and there, but I didn't go nuts either. So a small victory.

Another realization I had was a lesson in physics, namely a body in motion stays in motion and a body at rest stays at rest. When I finally did get around to exercising on vacation it was really hard! I struggled, it was like I had never exercised before and I think it was because I spent time not just being less active but literally lying down on a lounge chair for 10 + hours a day. The inertia caught up with me and it was hard to get moving again.

So a re-adjustment for me. Plan plan plan, I function so much better this way. So meal plans for me, prepared snacks and meals so no diverting from the plan. Also some type of activity every day, when I build momentum its so much easier to keep going. So planning activity for myself each day. It might be simple like some upper body exercises or a walk on the treadmill but its got to be something.

Off to the gym!!