Your Progress: Success or Struggles Week 2

Options
Hello dear challengers,

As suggested, we gonna have a thread for each week to pot our progress (Success or Struggles)!

Good luck to us:flowerforyou:
Hannah:wink:

Replies

• lizcraft
    lizcraft Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My struggle is that I have 1990 calories to eat every day and I try and eat as healthy as I can, but don't come no where near the amount it says to eat every day. If I ate crap every day it would be easy to get to that level.
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My struggle is that I have 1990 calories to eat every day and I try and eat as healthy as I can, but don't come no where near the amount it says to eat every day. If I ate crap every day it would be easy to get to that level.

I agree with this im at 1700 calories and as i dont eat meat i struggle to get my calories up as vegetables are low calories x
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts! Nuts are so delicious! Any type of them! Just keep them available! I eat nuts bar sometimes and I feel amazing about it! Also check this out: The Mediterranean Diet
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide/the-mediterranean-diet

I hope that's help!

Now for my struggle:
    I tend to eat fat more than I should and not enough protein! My diet should be 25% carb, 35% fat, 40% protein!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I had sone difficulty last week then something happened and a fire was lit. My cals have been a little low for my comfort zone but I have had energy out the wazoo!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    8/2013 - Highest Weight - 238
    1/11/14 - Starting Weight @ MFP - 230
    2/10/14 - Starting Weight for Challenge - 217.5
    2/14/14 - Weight - 213
    2/19/14 - Current Weight - 211.5

Total Loss for Challenge 6 lbs.
    Total Weight Loss since joining MFP 18.5 lbs.

My successes are lost one size in slacks (20WP to 18 WP), upping my cardio, and upping weight of free-weights and reps, however:

My struggles: I had to slow-down my speed on the stationary bike yesterday as my heart rate was all over the place. I try to keep my heart rate at performance or the low end of high-performance for my age. I feel good if it is around 108 - 112. It was up to 149 at one point. I was able to slow it down so easily and then it stayed low so I think my pacemaker may have kicked in. I just have to be careful that it doesn't go too high. I have a ICD and don't want it to go off. Think it is set to zap me around 160.

I'm so happy to be in this challenge with all of you! You are truly inspiring. We still have 19 days for the 1st month of this challenge. 4 more pounds to lose to stay on track!
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Lost a pound, have been stuck forever!! Have the hunger cravings as well. I also go to nuts. I recently read something somewhere that says that if your truly hungry an apple should should good to you, if not then something else is going on, boredom, stress, fatigue, etc. Good Luck my MFP friends!:smile:
  • MrsCurvyFab
    MrsCurvyFab Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    struggles are planning for the unplanned! from Friday-Monday was a total disaster. gained 5lbs. down 2 since yesterday ( I know its water etc... but still!!!)

have gone over my cals by no more than 100-200 a day. other then that. I need to lose 3 by friday just to get back to my last week weight. tears. tears. tears.

however, friday i will be going out and dancing hopefully 1200 calories lol should I wear my HRM? jk lol
  • lvnow
    lvnow Posts: 4
    Options
    My struggle is sweet. I have to have something sweet for breakfast and sweet to end my meal. I am able to stick to my 1200 cal diet now that I am off from work. when I start again will be a real challenge. So far I lost 3 lbs as of today:happy:
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Read a few posts here about craving sweet things. I had that problem too, until someone suggested I keep a pack of sugar free gum everywhere. One in my handbag, one in the car, one on my desk, one where I sit and watch TV. So every time you crave, chew a gum. It satisfies the chew habit, sweetness is covered and very few calories consumed.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Total Weight Lost: 13 lbs
    Current Weight: 122 lbs
    Height: 5' 10"

My "Struggle" is getting a sufficient amount of Calories per day, but even though I'm usually below by 200-600 I feel great and energized.
    The suggested Calorie intake on MFP is about 1300, but my average is about 900. Plus, I exercise a lot due to swim season, walking between classes, Physical Education, etc.
  • capnj1545
    Options
    SW: 232
    CW:220
    GW:160

Ive only lost 2.2 lbs. BUT Im still counting this as a win. I have upped my running to about 10 miles a week from next to nothing. In these last 2 weeks, my legs have lost 2 inches, each. Im chalking this up to a gain in muscle, which is more important to me than my number on the scale anyway.

In more comedic news, my work pants look even more like I belong in an MC Hammer video. Its the little things. =]
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    30 LBS IN 90 DAYS CHALLENGE
    SW - 230.6 lbs
    CW (2/21/2014) - 224.4 lbs
    TWL (this challenge) - 6.2 lbs
    1GW (5/11/2014) - 199.9 lbs
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    SW - 180.5 lbs (2/10/14)
    CW - 180.0 lbs (2/21/14)
    TWL - 0.5 lbs

These first two weeks have been tough. I was doing well, but then my sister came to visit me on her spring break and it seemed like all we did was eat our way through Dallas for a whole week. Getting back on track now, and hope to have more progress next week.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    SW - 180.5 lbs (2/10/14)
    CW - 180.0 lbs (2/21/14)
    TWL - 0.5 lbs

These first two weeks have been tough. I was doing well, but then my sister came to visit me on her spring break and it seemed like all we did was eat our way through Dallas for a whole week. Getting back on track now, and hope to have more progress next week.
    But you did lose! Think of it that way!
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The ratio I posted that cover this week I couldn't follow properly! I struggled eating enough protein and less carbs!
    So the new ratio for this coming week is 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fat!
  • Cassa2013
    Options
    The ratio I posted that cover this week I couldn't follow properly! I struggled eating enough protein and less carbs!
    So the new ratio for this coming week is 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fat!

I really struggle to get enough protein too and I'm only set at 30% protein 40% carbs and 30%fat! Any ideas to fix this?
  • Cassa2013
    Options
    SW - 180.5 lbs (2/10/14)
    CW - 180.0 lbs (2/21/14)
    TWL - 0.5 lbs

But you did lose! Think of it that way!

Yeah great job! At least you didn't gain anything, it could always be worse...
  • RachLK7
    RachLK7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW: 166.5 lbs (07.02.14)
    CW: 164.2 lbs (20.02.14)

Slow progress but it's coming off, water % quite high though! Any ideas?!
  • purpleopaz
    purpleopaz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Any loss is a good loss! I too have struggled this week! Though I did take on board some advice and didn't exercise for two days! But feel a little stir crazy! Also been drinking more water.
    My little boy has been on half term Break from school this week and i have had a week off work so didn't get a lot of my unusual walkingin! We have been visiting castles and stuff but it's been slow walking!

Anyway my kettlebells have arrived so I can add extra exercises in! Just a pound loss this week!

Sw- 209.4- 14 Jan 2014
    Sw- 194.5 -this challenge 16 Feb 2014
    Cw-193.4- 23 Feb 2014
    Gw-145 ish

Keep going everyone!!
  • Cassa2013
    Options
    You may be retaining water because of high sodium intake so I would suggest to try to cut back on salt. Good luck!