People who are use to low carb

I am thinking this program does work. I lost 3 lbs last year in a couple weeks. But I do think for some of us who normally eat low carb can't really jack our carbs to 100g for a low carb day. In that respect I am going to try a plan of under 50g carbs on my low carb days and 150g carbs on HC days. I work out 6 days per week. There is no way i can eat right when I wake up so that is not in the cards for me either. Haha.. so, not being able to follow the plan exactly hopefully will still work., The calories he gives are too low for someone working out at lot. I burn 300-400 in an average hiit workout 3-4 days per week and the other days i do something light. I am thinking doing HC days when i do the more hardcore workouts.

Thoughts?? Also, I am doing the turbo plan!

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Hi... I was doing PALEO for a while on and off last year.. helped me get to the weight I am. But I wanted to try something new. Eating wheat pasta and corn tortillas was a huge change. But so far I like it. I am tracking my calories thorugh MFP and going with the 1200 average a day plus the workout calories. I just want a slow and steady weight loss since that is the only way I am keeping it off. Between crossfit and running 3 or 4 times a week I get some extra calories to play with too. There is NO way I can follow his calories and do the workouts I do either.

Still I am eating less than I was.. and there is no technical junk. Most junky thing right now is my Peanut Butter... I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    What kind of calories are you doing on LC and HC days? Are you losing right now? I keep eating 1900 almost every day. I need to get it down i guess. Its hard, i am pretty active and at the end of the day i eat dinner and then need something after.. i am always hungry.. I started Garcinia Cambogilia today, hoping that will help.
  • becs3578
    Yesterday was a HIGH CARB day and I ate 1367. my MFP goal is 1200 a day and I had a 397 exercise bump. So under calories for the day. Saturday was high fat day... had 1327 calories... Sunday was High carb and I had 1800 but I ran 9 miles...so I was starving all day!

Since I started the program last week I have lost 3.4 lbs. Some of those were ones I put on in the last month (end of a relationship weight) but they were still there. Not water weight.

On high fat days.. if I feel like I have the extra calories to spare I have been having a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter. Very satisfying. On low carb days perhaps some pineapple.

I wont lie, I am hungry during parts of the day but I think that is normal. If I felt FULL all day I would be back where I started 3 years ago (40 lbs heavier)...

So.. so far so good. Want to do it for a month to really gauge the effects. But it is definitely a combo of carb cycling and being on MFP.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    My calories are way higher than they should be :( I work at home and am here unless i am at the gym, which is good becuase i have access to healthy stuff but over eat healthy stuff !!
  • becs3578
    Ok.. had breakfast about 3 hrs ago.. time for my shake (chugging it)... but man am I hungry.. The three hours after the shake are gonna be hard. It just isnt that filling. I tried adding the oats like suggested but the texture made me want to gag. That is a no go.

Also re-read part of the book and realized on week 4 I am suppose to do HIGH CARB for 7 days straight. I am going to miss my peanut butter A LOT!!!
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Have you tried Ostrim before? They are SO GOOD. I order them online but you can find them at GNC and Vitamin shoppe locally.
    They are 80 cals and 1.5g fat, with like 1 carb i think.. i eat one with a handful of pine nuts, the nuts are higher in fat than protein so it helps jack up the fat % on the low carb days. On High carb days you can just eat an Ostrim with a rice cake or whatever carb. Good snacks!