hello

Options
Hello everyone

Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi Jim, I love getting fit at home , I have kids and a hubby that works away so its convenient for me :-) i have a treadmill, hand weights, mat, gym ball, skipping rope and Pilate's band and a few other handy items, so I have no excuses lol
  • sbw10
    sbw10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've tried to work out in the past, well, bought a bunch of weights and such but didn't do anything with them. Guess its a twelve step program lol. At least I have most everything. Ready and motivated! Good luck!
  • nikie_grey
    nikie_grey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A) I can't afford a gym pass at the moment so home it is
    B) I hate my body so wouldn't go to the gym right now ANY WAY!

So here I am, heart in hand and ready to work. I have been going for a brisk walk every day for a week now and started yoga from home this week as well. I am hoping to get up to a steady and daily jogging routine with in a a month. My end game is to be able to keep up with my VERY active children and to able to increase my flexibility...lets face it that lends it's self to so many things!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm a stay at home mom of 2 who has a nice collection of fitness videos. I also use my husband's weights a few times a week. Oh, and I shovel snow since I'm from New England.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Ciprian. I'd love to go to a gym, especially for the "classes" aspect of it... I think I get more motivated in a group. However it is expensive, especially where I live, and have so many other commitments already, I would struggle to find the time.

I love running and have a small collection of dumbbells and a couple of kettlebells.
  • ginnyntonic
    ginnyntonic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Can't afford a gym membership and anyway I hate driving somewhere to workout so I am looking for ways to get fit at home, especially with adding strength training. I've been looking for apps to help out with giving me some programs and so far have really enjoyed the book Body by You and the app by that same trainer called Gym Free. I also tried out yesterday the Fitstar app and liked it a lot. It can be linked into MFP so that it automatically adds your activity and it was very easy to use. Both are free but with options to pay to upgrade for the full version. If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear it.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I was happy to see this group so I had to join.

In the past I use to join gyms to try and get fit. What ended up happening is that I would go consistently for 2 or 3 months, then I start to slow down and eventually end up paying for a gym membership I never used.

This time around I decided to do things a little differently. I found some Youtube fitness videos I liked, then I started to buy workout dvd's and eventually I invested in equipment like a variety of weights, a Pilates Reformer, a mini-stepper, an exercise ball etc.

I finally got used to working out at home and actually liked it! Once I got my diet together and stayed consistent the inches and weight started to fly off of me.

A little over one year later I've lost (and kept off) 80 lbs and I still enjoy working out at home! When the weather is nicer I also enjoy power walking a light jogging outdoors too.

Good luck everyone. :)
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jill and I tried to do workout classes in my area but I did not like them and also I don't have a car so it's hard to get them - I am currently trying to lose at least 10-15 pounds and my weight right now is about 150. So I have been doing a program called 7 minutes which is different exercises on your ipod and Sworkit every morning.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hello! I guess my reason for not going to the gym is I find it gross. Even though the gym around us is very clean, I still don't care for the sweaty machines, the noise, the driving, the weird air freshener/sweat smell, the AC (seriously, I've never been to a gym that isn't FREEZING!), and all the other things that go along with gyms. I'd much rather do mine at home without having to pay for the gas money, then jump into my own shower all my products, and be done with it! And with all the different types of workouts that are readily available for the home, it's been super easy for me and I never get bored. DVD's, youtube, blogs, free programs like C25K and Stronglifts. So many to choose from! So far I've lost around 20 lbs and am looking to lose another 20.
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Cynthia. I really enjoyed reading your introductions and I agree with most of the reason you have to workout at home> I don't like gyms and is really complicated getting to them (traffic, time) so I better stay at home and workout. Also I like to workout at home cause I don't have to worry about people looking while I workout and I don't have have to worry about gym outfits (although I like to buy a lot of them).

I had a little bit of everything to workout at home but since I moved I had to sell everything so I am starting from zero and building my own little gym again. I workout with Beachbody programs (DVD's) and my program right now is LessMills Combat. Also I add some extra cardio, walking outside or on a treadmill if weather is too cold (I use the one in my apt complex gym which nobody uses by the way)

Is super nice to meet so many people who wants to stay or get in shape and the support is amazing. Keep up the good work!