Surgery on next Tuesday !

Options
Seems like forever but the date is finally in one week ! Looking forward to meeting new VSgers and learning alot from the message board! :happy:

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How exciting for you! Good luck with your surgery, follow what the doctor tells you, sip and walk a lot, and you will do fine!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And, what pawoodhull said - do what the doctor tells you, and you will be fine! Good luck to you!!
  • eaddy89
    Options
    Thank you !!
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    YOU WILL BE JUST FINE AND SO GLAD YOU HAD THIS SURGERY.

You will be very surprised at the short recovery time and what little pain you are in after you come home. Although my Dr. sent me home with a prescription for pain, one for nausea and one for cramps, I only used the pain pill a couple of times. Had my surgery on 2/5, released from hospital on 2/7 and was back at work on 2/10/14. I could do this as I'm a Nanny and they were very aware of any limitations, specifically lifting. The 5-year old in school all day and the 3-year old very easy-going, takes a 2 1/2 hour nap daily. If I had a different job I would not have gone back this soon. I see my surgeon tomorrow (2/20) for my post-surgery appointment.

Karen
  • Syndigutez5
    Syndigutez5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Mine is scheduled on 2-26 14. Can't wait to start this journey. So happy for you.
  • eaddy89
    Options
    Thank you and best of luck ! Keep me posted on how you do !