Quest Bars & Intro

Hi Everyone,

A little background on me first. I've previously lost over 90 lbs in 11 months after appearing on the Dr Oz show and following his plan. I have gained back about 75 lbs of that over the course of 2 years. I tried his diet plan again and it does not work for me anymore. So, I bought Choose More Loose More and started the plan officially on February 9th (Sunday). By that Friday I was down 7.2 lbs. I only worked out twice and I wasn't getting in all of my water. I had reward day on Saturday, but didn't go as overboard as I normally would. By Sunday I was up 2 lbs. It's now Thursday and those 2 lbs are still sticking around even though I am following the plan. I've added in workouts and trying to drink more water. I feel good, but the 2 lbs. is bugging me. I need to see results or else I get discouraged.

I feel as though I'm eating properly but just had one question. Do any of you incorporate Quest Bars into your food routine? If so, how often and do you use them on high carb or low carb days? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nicole

Replies

• Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    I only have quest bars when i am desperate and out and about and can not get to eat a healthy meal soon enough. Rumor has it for many people they spike your insulin levels. It would be best to have one after a workout, in my opinion.. oh and I do LOVE quest, but have learned I can't have them in my house.

I am not sure i will really do a "Funday" I thik i may have chips if i am out to mexican or some brown rice with dinner but I just think its sabotage, again.. in my opinion.

Things are so easy the 1st time around, i lost 65 on hcg and gained 10 back, trying to lose that 10 i tried it again and I can't seem to get it together to do the other 10 that same way so I am trying this.

We could be friends, take a look at my diary, maybe you will get some ideas? This is my first week and I am doing Turbo.
  • rayliznic
    rayliznic Posts: 6 Member
    Never had quest bars,sorry. I think i would avoid bars, i also heard of insulin spikes.

I also am doing the turbo cycle, in my second week. After Sunday, I found out I cannot do a whole reward day....I am going to limit it to one reward meal, on Sundays.

I am doing great w meals,water,and shredder workout on tread. My 9 minute missions are almost laughable cause I'm so outta shape, but I'm still doing them everyday , the best I can.

So far:-8 after one week, this upcoming Saturday is my 2 nd weigh in.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    I have not done any shredders, i work out 6 days per week, I am not worrying about the shredders. I suppose i could have a cup of coffee, do them and then eat my real breakfast...
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    For ME personally, Quest bars make me stall. Which SUCKS because I love them. My body hates processed food. The sodium is really high on them...except the new Smores ones are a bit lower which is good. I have one in my purse at all times for emergencies, but try and keep it to "real food" when you can! :-)