Rest Days?

Options
thergj
thergj Posts: 93 Member
Hi all. I'm not a p90x er yet but I am seriously considering it. I've looked over the reviews and comments on the internet and was a little concerned about a few things:

1) Looking at the calander i didnt see any scheduled rest days. Is that the case?
2) most people say the nutrition guide is rich on ideas but lacking an actual diet plan. Has this been a problem for any of you and what was your solution ?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to start the program early next week.

Thanks!

Replies

• Busymomof003
    Busymomof003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Are you looking at P90X or P90X3? Once a week there is a rest OR stretch day for either program. For P90X the diet plan has a ton of info, and more than 1 way to look at and build your diet plan- can be very confusing. P90X3 is more relaxed but has some of the same principles but less hoops to figure it out. I tried to follow the plans each time, but decided a 'clean' approach to food with a focus on protein was easier for me. Everyone is different, so you might need to adjust your calories. I think they realized the original plan, although great, was too complicated and people were overwhelmed and might give up. I think there is a meal plan, but I tend to ignore those because I'd rather use my own recipes.
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks Busymomo. Good info. I was referring to p90x3 and there is something else that caught my attention. Apparently there are different workout plans: Mass, Lean, Normal...etc. Is each of these plans supposed to help you lose weight with an emphasis on that particular goal? For example, if I do the mass workout should I expect to put on some muscle AND lose weight in the process? Or is mass just supposed to put muscle on you?
  • Busymomof003
    Busymomof003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I think Mass is meant to bulk you up- so you will probably lose fat, but the scale won't show that. I wouldn't expect huge weight loss for any P90X program. Certainly it is my hope to lose some weight, but you're changing your body composition. I would stick with classic or lean unless you are already fit and having been doing weight training. I think you need a good base before jumping into Mass. Lean is not meant to make you lean(as in weight loss) it's more lean muscle- and not bulky. So a woman might be more inclined towards the lean as a next step as opposed to mass. That's been my understanding. I'm not a coach, so this is what I picked up from other coach talk I've heard and reading about the programs. Hope that helps!
  • rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    the Rest days can either be rest or dynamix. I sometimes do the rest but I try to always get dynamix in for the stretch. as far as the schedules, I would stick with classic for the first round. That is what Tony wants people doing anyways and I agree it seems to be the most balanced schedule of the bunch. after your first round if you want more muscle go mass if you want to ramp up cardio go lean and if you want to go insane go doubles lol. I hope this helps