Oatmeal Breakfast Ideas

Trying to get creative I made Oatmeal pancakes today. 1/3 cup oat flour (I bought bob's redmill but you can grind regular oats yourself if you don't want to buy a seperate bag for oat flour) then 1/4 cup pumpkin puree and 2 egg whites... added 1 packet truvia, 1/2 T pumpkin spice... whola... awesome pancakes..

Replies

• rayliznic
    rayliznic Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you for this. Love pumpkin and love pancakes, sounds like a match in heaven! :) will try in the future.

Something else I need to try, off Heidi Powell's site...

http://heidipowell.net/1182/protein-waffles/
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Great Idea.. I need to do more with oatmeal.. I don't like just plain oatmeal but I like in things. GLuten free cookies.... etc!
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    I am doing what they call overight oatmeal. I have done this most days this week. I take a bowl that has a lid and weigh everything.. 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 T of chia seeds, 8 oz of almond milk, and 1/2 cup rolled oats. I mix it up at 8pm and cover it. I add cinnamon or pumpkin spice and some times fruit, then wake up in the morning and there it is.. i like to heat it up but other people do eat it cold. Good stuff and i love not having to measure all that crap in the morning!

Also oatcakes I have done. Just take egg whites, rolled oats (dry) and spray a pan with pam, then cook them like pancakes, they spread unsweetened applesauce on top with frresh blueberries.. good stuff.. its Tiffany Amber Theissens breakast she has talked about lol