How much protein is needed?

Options
cshmom21
cshmom21 Posts: 11 Member
Hi Mamas! Does anyone know how much protein you need to eat while breastfeeding? I keep hearing you need more than usual but I haven't found specific recommendations yet. Everyone says to eat more protein to feel fuller, etc. too.. What does everyone think??

Replies

• foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't found any exact number amounts, but have always heard the same advise. Plus, I know I really start to feel weaker when I'm not getting enough protein.

I'm not an expert but I'm always trying to find ways to get more lean protein in the day. *I'm usually way under normal levels since I eat mostly vegetarian (For weight loss results. I have meat 1-2 x per week or a few time a month. usually dining out or a special planned meal)

So, Ways I get more protein:
    Chickpeas - added to salad, or roasted with spices and seasoning (great replacement for chips)

Brown rice protein powder for smoothies (or baking) - I did a lot of research to find the highest protein, lowest carb and sugar, vegan protein. I replace one or two meals a day with a green smoothie but found I was having a ton of sugar and very little protein. This stuff is awesome.

Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, raw almonds - added to salads, stir fries, smoothies.

greek yogurt. I'm not worried about good fats. bring it on.

Everyone is different. and every baby is different, so you just have to find what sustains your body and supply.
  • cshmom21
    cshmom21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reply! I normally don't eat much meat either so struggle to find protein sources.. love chickpeas! Where do you buy brown rice protein powder? Sent you a friend request if you don't mind! :)