Clothes, Clothes, Clothes

Options
ktuck0205
ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
Since January 1st I went from a size 26 to a 20. In all honesty I am not sure what to do about clothing. I can't afford to keep buying them b/c I am a single mom of 2. What do you guys plan on doing about clothing?

Replies

• HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow this is amazing with 22 lbs lose! Congrats!!
    I would buy cloths that made of stretch material! Anything from tops dresses pants! It will last longer and fit better even if it is little big get bigger!

I'm so happy for you! God bless you and your family!
  • ktuck0205
    Options
    *cough* *cough* 26lbs my counters off for some bizarre reason maybe b/c from previous times I have used mfp.
  • RachelLeighMiller
    Options
    Buy dresses! During the winter months, you can wear leggings and tights. With some styles of dresses, you are able to tie the waist tighter or looser. Dresses are also a bit forgiving when it comes Also, go to thrift stores-if you have ritzy areas near by, the thrift stores almost always have fashionable clothing items that are in great shape. If I go shopping at thrift stores, I tend to travel to areas that have "rich" individuals who live there. They tend to donate more name brand and designer clothing. high quality + low price=Happy Rachel. Also, you can donate clothes to Plato's Closet or other consignment stores with you can no longer wear your current items.
  • RachelLeighMiller
    Options
    Buy dresses! During the winter months, you can wear leggings and tights. With some styles of dresses, you are able to tie the waist tighter or looser. Dresses are also a bit forgiving when it comes Also, go to thrift stores-if you have ritzy areas near by, the thrift stores almost always have fashionable clothing items that are in great shape. If I go shopping at thrift stores, I tend to travel to areas that have "rich" individuals who live there. They tend to donate more name brand and designer clothing. high quality + low price=Happy Rachel. Also, you can donate clothes to Plato's Closet or other consignment stores with you can no longer wear your current items.
    "....when it comes to losing weight and inches."
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the thrift store route is the way to go! I don't know about where you live, but my area has tons of really nice 2nd-hand clothing stores. Some are only designer. Some weight loss groups the members trade clothes. You might check if there are any such groups.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I also go to thrift stores .... just please remember to wash them first ... I got a clothes moth infestation :(
    ..... but ..... it has not put me off! I still go thift-store-shopping.
  • ktuck0205
    Options
    I live in a very small town so we don't have many of those options but I think there are a few places like that in a town about an hour away, i will have to check on that.
  • curvy_b3lle
    Options
    Thrift shops are my best friends right now! I really like the dress idea, never thought of that!
    I haven't worn a belt in years. :blushing: